Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Brutal Doom version 18a

@SgtMkIV: Here, see if this works for you - http://i51.tinypic.com/orrv49.jpg
It flashes back and forth between solid black and that.

Is the statbar fix wad really a mandatory file to use when playing BrutalDoom? Yea I do want to see how much ammo is in reserve but I don't want the tiny statbar as I play in either 1600x1200 or 1280x960 (For windowed and recording purposes mainly)

I'm loving this mod so far! Thanks to this mod, I pretty much re-discovered classic Doom--hence the reason I've joined this forum :D

If I may, I'd like to propose a suggestion for the minigun...

I'd be even more wicked if it shoots tracer rounds (every 5 rounds, a tracer) and I'd make it shoot juuuuust a little faster--don't get me wrong, I love mowing down lots of enemies with it already, but IMHO, a higher rate of fire + tracer rounds=ABSOLUTE WIN.

Here's a very good example of what I mean (skip to 1:05)

Dunno if it's been suggested already, if so, please let me know!

Wow this is a very cool mod, hell it's even more violent than mortal kombat!I've had so much fun with this mod!

Btw, I have an idea!For some weapons instead of having alternate fire mode you could for example make the weapons stronger if you use them longer...something like the chaingun shooting superheated bullets that do +10% more damage if you use it long enough.

Archvile78 said:

Looks fun for a few levels but very nice job.

I'm doing an entire "Let's Play" on both games and I'm roughly halfway done with Doom 2, Doom has been fully done minus secret levels.

See my signature.

@SgtMkIV: Might it be possible to raised the spot where zombies' hitscan attack come out by 2 or 3 units, as when they are up against a waist high (32 units) wall and attack, their bullets generally richochet and hurt themselves and will usually keep trying until they die.

Mr. Chris said:

I'm doing an entire "Let's Play" on both games and I'm roughly halfway done with Doom 2, Doom has been fully done minus secret levels.

See my signature.

@SgtMkIV: Might it be possible to raised the spot where zombies' hitscan attack come out by 2 or 3 units, as when they are up against a waist high (32 units) wall and attack, their bullets generally richochet and hurt themselves and will usually keep trying until they die.

Might check your videos soon, who knows maybe it will interest me. :P

engineer said:

I changed the minigun sound to something a bit more.... realistic. Obviously, not everyone will like that. I think it turned out pretty well, though.

Niiice!

@Haematobic,
@DooM_RO:
After a Doom 2 playthrough on ultra-violence I see that every weapon is pretty balanced (except some issues) and therefore needs no increase in speed or damage. It all comes to right usage of arsenal according to situation. My vision of mini-gun is in shredding pack of a zombies, keeping tight corridor under fire, when it's party time, moving down some enemies like cacodemons or hell knights, holing down pack of demons. BTW there's a good plasma-gun almost without spreading ;)
But I like idea of a tracer round that is fired each 10th shot, little less spreading of a normal rounds, damage effect of an Imp fireball and maybe going through multiple targets. Isn't it a fun, setting little zombies on fire?

@engineer:
Both sounds are good, original feels like it powerful .50 cal machine-gun tearing enemies in two. Yours gives a feel of speed and makes clench teeth tightly and "die already" words whirling in my head while barrels rotate. My suggestion is GAU-19 firing sound. But I fear that it will need some work to make a sound match graphics.
Also sounds of barrels slowing down when mini-gun stops firing really doesn't match animation (barrels simply stop at once). It'll be good if it will make slowdown animation so the next bullet will be charged while barrels stop, with shorter sfx.

@Mr. Chris:
I even got Imp suicides. Not sure, but I also saw something like hell knight's self injury.
@Sergeant_Mark_IV:
I strongly concerned about teleportation delay, when it's impossible to aim, but everybody taking aim at you. E.g. got some troubles on "Living End" level at teleporter where you appering near some shotgun zombies, three revenants. Lost 100 hp's there.
About rocket launcher - sounds good :)

May be just my opinion,but the plasma rifle is pretty ugly.I think the one from Beautiful Doom is much better looking and would fit this mod perfectly.
EDIT:The baron/hellknight death is pretty unsatisfying too.

I guess so, infrequently I've seen chaingunner's heads explode randomly as they start or shortly after they start firing..tho I think it might have to do with the HeadshotTarget stuff in his Missile state.

Last but not least, came across an instance of random infighting involving the demon which sounded like he mauled an imp. I've not come across random chaingunner infighting tho, just the infrequent demon one but I'm guessing it is less common as opposed to 0.8.

Bug spotted.
After deciding to make a full run out of TNT i went to map 03. After taking a beating i had 2 health, but before picked up a berserk. When a spectre was chasing me i fatally punched him, triggering the berserk fatality. However when it zoomed out for the fatality, it remained zoomed out after so i couldn't aim properly and 5 seconds later died. Weird bug.

Oh yes, could use another gib chunk or two for the cacodemon.

@Haematobic: I have already been thinking about adding tracers for all hitscan shoots. I will add it on next version.

@Mr. Chris: I really got no idea of what is causing this with the lights :O
Have you did any recent change on your configs?
About the zombies hitscans, if I really decide to add tracers, maybe I will make zombie attacks as very fast tracer projectiles. This would also fix this bug happening to Oblige maps.

@engineer: I really like this sound effect. Can you post a download link to the sound file here?

@Flynn: I dont know what causes this "teleport freeze". I don't added this intentionaly. Do you know any way to disable this?

@killer2: I dont think so. The Plasma Gun in Beautiful Doom looks like a rifle, wich doesnt looks like something big enough to concentrate huge ammounts energy to use the "Plasma Shotgun".

@Rambosee: Some people are repporting similiar bugs with the 3rd person camera. I will check the scripts.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

I dont think so. The Plasma Gun in Beautiful Doom looks like a rifle, wich doesnt looks like something big enough to concentrate huge ammounts energy to use the "Plasma Shotgun".

Ahh,the plasma shotgun.It doesn't feel too useful to me actually.But whatever,do as you thing.

@Sergeant_Mark_IV:
Sorry, my mistake. It seems that "Living End" moment really shook me up so I forgot that teleportation was always like this. Just checked under DOSBox.

The tracer idea sounds good but it should come into effect from medium and long range at best.

Engineer: What sound format is that, WMP is not opening it.

Mr. Chris said:

The tracer idea sounds good but it should come into effect from medium and long range at best.

Engineer: What sound format is that, WMP is not opening it.

That's how all of the sounds were packaged, but Goldwave loads it just fine.

Yep, it works like a charm and sounds awesome in the mod..I would definitely would recommend using it to replace the chain/minigun firing sound!

I have come across another bug, Map placed berserk packs disappear if you die and reload your previous game.

PS: The liquid splashing sounds are still too loud.

The Cacodemon also needs an alternate corpse that lacks the eye, for when the fatality move is performed.

Same thing for the Mancubus and it's fatality.

Oh my god.

It's like DooM on Steroids!!!

Which is illegal!
Shame on you, injecting steroids into a defenseless game.
But it preforms better.
The karma police have released you.
You lucky bastard.

I can second for the caco fatality corpse, which the eye is totally blue when the player rips it out.

The imp disembowelment frames could use a little more blood on his hands and around the open area as he dies.

What if when performing a fatality on the shotgunner, it chooses between ripping his head off and crushing it?

The rifle ROF could be a little higher when not zooming in.

Blood splattering on the wall behind could be a bit more when using hitscan weapons.

Why not use the mancubus pain sound instead of the genetic demon pain while performing the fatality on him?

Spectres are probably everyone's worst enemy while playing the game. Could you make it at least that when the spectre is non active that we can see him?

Rambosee said:

Spectres are probably everyone's worst enemy while playing the game. Could you make it at least that when the spectre is non active that we can see him?

I am suggesting removing the +STEALTH flag and using "Renderstyle Translucent" with "Alpha 0.12" instead.

The baron, knight and cyberdemon could use something a little stronger for a pain noise, such as the Quake Fiend's pain sound.

Or perhaps sounds when picking up the keycards and armor too?

The baron and knight need idle anims when not engaged with the player.

The Pain Elemental's death explosion should be less violent and do less damage.

Should the frame immediately after performing fatality on the demon before it collapses lingers on for a bit too long if you ask me.

Again on the baron/knights, instead of having an instant kill melee for them, increase their melee damage and have the fatality only usable if the player is low on health? Of course the baron's melee should be slightly stronger than the knight's.

Not sure if this was already mentioned for the latest update (lazy reader, sry). But there is a kicking sound bug when holding the chaingun (GZDoom).
Also there is no ammo count on the right side of the HUD. The ceiling bloodsplat glitches were already addressed, me thinkz. Other then that, great mod ;)

Made a video for ya!
Beautiful Brutal DooM

oh holy shit mang

i think that video was the most metallest thing in the history of forever

brb getting skin graft for entire face

I can't seem to find the rifle sound in the PK3 file.

Also, can you make it to where the revenant doesn't spew blood, but bone fragments and chunks of metal and internal organs when shot?