Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Brutal Doom version 18a

@Engineer: Thanks for the sound effect. It will sure replace the old one.
About the Cacodemon corpse, I have been thinking, and I decided to make the eye always fly from its body when dead.

@Mr Chris: I'm gonna check the berserk thing. Does it only happens with map placed ones? About the splash sounds, I will reduce their volume too. I just had reduced the water splash sound, and forgot about the other ones.
I also don't noticed I was using the generic demon pain sound. Thanks for the advice. Maybe I will make the alternative shotgunguy fatality too.
I can't make Baron/Hell Knight attacks doesn't instakill players because too many people like it. It kinda teached the marines to fear the roar of a Hell's noble again.

@OfficerD: Yes, this bug already has been mentioned. Anyway, pretty nice video! It will be added to the first post.

@Rambosse: No, it's not. Thanks for the advice. I will check it out.

About Spectres, I decided to make them translucent with alpha 0.9.

I was skeptical at first when I saw the screenshots and read about the assault rifle with the ironsight. But then I played it. This has become my new go-to wad for gameplay changes.

Oh, wow, Gecko Yamori? THE Gecko Yamori?

Didn't know you hung around here, sir! :D I love your OC Remix stuff and your soundtrack work for SOR Remake! (Here's hoping the latter stays in the game, no pun intended).

...Sorry for the interruption. Carry on, all.

KwadDamyj said:

Could someone please instruct me as to how to add the new minigun sound to the Brutal DooM PK3?

With Pakscape:

1) Open PK3.
2) Go into /sounds directory.
3) Right click "Import" when under the sound entries and select the new sound.
4) Save.
5) Enjoy.

With SlumpEd:

1) Open PK3.
2) Double-click the /sounds directory.
3) Look for DSMINIGN and select the entry.
4) Select "Import" from the right click menu and select the replacement to use.
5) Save.
6) Enjoy.

I'm trying to figure out how to make the baron/knight's melee attack non-fatal in one hit, but rather increase the damage they do.

Hell Knight's/Baron's Suicide
Here his fire collides with upper and lower parts of "window".
http://i51.tinypic.com/2yy3w9z.png
Fire simply detonates at the ceiling level at the emitting point. Baron is fried again.
http://i51.tinypic.com/ifoqoz.png
Similar happens to Imps.

@Mr. Chris: At health more than 140% (or near) their attacks are not fatal. I survived some encounters like this.
And like Sergeant_Mark_IV said it teaches to take enemy seriously. Look at this monster, he is taller and more muscular than usual man. So he really can simply tear you once he have a grip on you.

@Engineer: Actualy no, but if you know good sounds that you think it would fit better than an actual one, just post it here, and let us see :)

@Mr. Chris: The Baron/Knight melee attacks are projectiles. There is a projecile actor in the KNIGHTS lump called KnightAttack. Just reduce the damage this projectile deals.

@Flynn: Thanks for repporting it.

I finished a new build. It fixes/updates lots of things.
I know there are still lots of things to do. (Please, don't repport bugs in this build that already have been repported in 0.9. I already know about them.)

- Smoother animations for all weapons.
- Removed the Beautiful Doom's overused torches. I created new ones with particles.
- Added Tracers for hitscan weapons.
- Fixed an annoying bug with Fatalities 3rd person camera.
- Minigun is completely remade. Now I'm using Minigunner's fixed Perkristian's chaingun sprites (that contains the lower parts).
- Hitscan enemies now fires tracer projectiles. This helps players to evade them on long distances with sidestrafe, and also fixes a bug that could make monsters commit suicide when firing from fences/windows in Oblige maps.
- Included the new Minigun sound. (Thanks to Engineer, for finding the sound file)
- Remade reload animation for shotgun. Also, To prevent the "One Shell Reload Bug", it only loads 1 shell at time. To compensate this, the Shotgun accuracy has been increased (horizontal spread factor reduced from 5 to 4)
- Replaced the old casings with Beautiful Doom's ones.
- Removed glows from Health items.
- Smoke effects are looking much better.
- Demons will not fall from ledges. (I always tought that Demons with such big and musculous legs were agile creatures that could jump from many heights, but it ruins the flow of some levels, like TNT Map 17.)
- Removed the KEYS lump, and left the original Doom's keys. This will prevent keys from don't respawning in online ST servers.
- Fixed a bug with Mancubus XDeath animation not showing the corpse properly.
- Fixed a bug that wasn't allowing the walls at Dead Simple work after killing all Mancubus.
- Made for request: Updated the Zdoom's Scripted Marines. Now they are much smarter, powerfull (4 Rifle Marines can easily get rid of a Baron of Hell), have shadows, gore/death animations updated, and can follow players from the start until the end of many linear levels. (D2 Map01, Map31, UD E1M1, for example). They have now the +FRIENDLY flag, so, if they are spawned in Oblige maps, they will be always your allies. Also, there is a console command "Summon Ally" that will randomly summon one of those Marines. I personaly think they work better than ZCajun bots.
- Separated big lumps (Like GunsGuns, and SFX) into many sub-lumps to help in editing and navigation.

Skulltag:
http://www.4shared.com/file/Zjfsaj4h/BrutalDoomSTv010Test1.html

GZDoom:
http://www.4shared.com/file/dDVj9cgN/BrutalGZDoomv010Test1.html

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Parkistan

His name is "Perkristian" not "Parkristan".Seriously...

The new shotgun reload animations are a tad jittery on a couple of frames, but otherwise it seems to be fine.

Yea, I noticed that at the very end of reloading sometimes, atop sometimes the plasma gun doesn't play every single firing shot..at least for me.

The chaingunner's firing spread feels a bit too wide at times, not to mention the firing sound doesn't sound smooth and continuous, sometimes "sputters" but not too often.

The assault rifle item sprite could use a little more grunginess/digitization look like the shotgun and chaingun item drops.

I think the shotgun jitters is related to the motion bob, somehow.

Also, the kicking-while-holding-minigun bug is still there.

Yeah, it's the view bob making it look jittery. Also, LOVE how the minigun sound was fully integrated into the mod with the redone minigun art!

Are Hellknights/Barons supposed to be invulnerable during their fatality animations against other players/Marine allies?

I think I'm falling for you, Sergeant_Mark_IV... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE MINIGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Also, quick suggestion/bug: Dunno if it's been reported before -if so, sorry-, but what about the missing sprite when a door crushes a corpse??

I'd be cool if something about corpses being crushed by doors happened, like some gibs flying around and a pool of blood grew as the door went down and stuff >:D

Kick during ssg reloading makes all weapons unusable as well as kick. Weapon sprite disappears at the start of a kick. After kick animations ends there is.. that http://i52.tinypic.com/2w35pu0.png

Shotgun reloading sequence cannot be cancelled with kick. It is only can be cancelled with shot or weapon switch. But when you switch back to it, it will automatically continue reloading sequence.

Kick is unusable during plasmagun cooling time ("yellow mode") after regular or alternative fire.

Plasmagun reloading animation is strange. It's looks like you taking off and placing back the same powercells. Maybe it should eject used powercell to the right out of gun, with little smoke trail behind powercell. So basically it will be similar to rifle reloading, with the powercell (those small ones) instead of a mag. Plasmagun will be slightly turned CCW (15 degrees) for a moment of ejection.
"Blue mode" plasmagun glow on sprite looks too messy, is there's a way to make glow like those plasma bolts (3D stuff)?
And it'll be good to add sound indication of the plasmagun modes. Hissing for the yellow mode, buzzing for the blue mode, short *beep* sound to indicate the yellow to green mode switching.

Does anyone have the plasma gun firing noise skip/muffled while performing extended firing of 15 shots or more? That is just weird to me.

No, but I periodically get odd ticking sounds thrown in amongst the BRRRRRT sound whenever I'm letting the new minigun blaze away for extended bursts.

Dunno if it's audio feedback or some sort of glitch.

Maybe it's deliberately the sound of so many ammo belt links disintegrating?

@Mr. Chris:
I getting something similar while firing at walls/enemies at close range with plasma. I only hear blast or pain sounds. And 1 shot is enough.

@KwadDamyj:
My plasma blasts are light blue with little shade of purple.
Using Skulltag.

Ooh! Ooh!

Can you make it so that if a Lost Soul finishes off the player it shows a fatality of the Doomguy getting possessed?

I found out the second zombieman fatality when curbstomping him that his body disappears once the animation is complete.

Mapper placed berserk packs disappear from their positions when saving and reloading the save file.

Why not allow certain world objects to be used as weapons? I'd love to use the impaled guy poles as single use javelins, or torches and candlabras as fiery, limited use melee weapons?