Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gvozdevik

DoomWord v1.3 bug?!

Hello there
maybe It's wrong topic but anyways here's my problem :
We all know program DoomWord (what creating big\small names(by using default doom letters)) http://www.tienerdisco.net/aap/DoomWord.zip

Previously this program works for me , but different way , now It's isn't working :\ (I tried reinstall , reboot etc.)
Screen:
http://i1.fastpic.ru/big/2011/0226/9c/1eac0d0a42b9055d82c9153803d32b9c.jpg

I would ask if anyone has ran it successfully under Vista/Windows 7 like those you seem to be using, first.

Since DoomWord was made in Game Maker (or at least I noticed that the .exe is filled with Game Maker strings) you could try Googling "game maker unexpected error occurred when running the game" (without quotes) which brings up a fair amount of hits.

From what I would guess though, it's something to do with your system, and unless the program wrote an error log or something, I have no clue how to help.

From a look through the stuff on Google, it seems that this is a semi-common problem with Game Maker programs, and nobody really knows why it only affects certain users.

I'd guess it's a DirectX thing, since Game Maker seems to be pretty reliant on DirectX in general. You might want to try updating your DirectX. DirectX.

Aside from that, how long has it been since DoomWord worked? Did you install any new hardware, or make any major changes to the software on your system in the time between?

Mithran Denizen
Uhh .NET Framework , I have setup iZ3D . Maybe this is problem
P.S.
Worst thing is : There is no source code ! Decompile is impossible

Maes said:

I would ask if anyone has ran it successfully under Vista/Windows 7 like those you seem to be using, first.

Oh my lord, Mister I've Installed XP On Five Thousand Computers doesn't recognize the silver XP theme.

Neither did I, though one of the first things I do after installing XP is switch to the Classic theme.

Doom maker is sort of redundant really. All you need to do is go into doom and start typing away messages in chat or whatever and take screenshots of the text.

GreyGhost said:

Neither did I, though one of the first things I do after installing XP is switch to the Classic theme.

Yup. I haven't used even the Luna XP Theme in years (switching to classic ASAP), and I had completely removed the very existence of different XP ones. Whenever I see too much bling -> I think Vista/7.

kristus said:

Doom maker is sort of redundant really. All you need to do is go into doom and start typing away messages in chat or whatever and take screenshots of the text.

Can't produce big map name letters or change colors, and don't need to crop the letters.

...Operator? I think I've been trolled.