Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeratul 982

Texture motifs

I don't normally post here, but I thought I'd make a little poll anyway.

To your own opinion, what texture motif provides a map with an eerie feel the best?

Pretty much any of them, if used correctly, can be eerie. I like hell the best though. That and tech.

The outstanding flesh/rusted tech combination. There's only a few of those, and are used so sparely I'm pretty sure it was the last batch to be drawn.

Anything made by Zaldron.

Barring that, flesh mixed with a bit of metal here and there.

Tch/space mixed with rock/heavy industrial and outside textures.

Crater, TNT map 12, one of my favourites.

I like wood5 (wood in metal frames) combined with sp_rock/rockred/zimmer8. Gstone + support3 with xoffs 24 is also nice but only if massive detailing is used.

I also like brick10/slime13 (green bricks) scenes with good lighting.

General theme I like best is UDoom e4 style. Crusades e4m8 by Richard Wiles has a VERY cool texture scheme.

this reminds me of my poster, it's a face with hooks and needles stretching is apart, would make a pretty good texture.

I tended more towards the threesome of marble, metal, and wood - especially in the combination of metal-framed marble with wood supports.

Try it. It looks neat, especially if you set up lighting correctly here (be warned - I'm talking seriously high sector counts here, though, to do it well).

And, sleepy_boy, the reason there's so much carved marble in Hell and Deimos is because the demons want to stick their dicks in your ear and fuck your mind.

Wow, Zeratul actually posts a poll?!:P
Anyway, how about METL1, METL2, FLATHUH1 and F_SKY1 (Heretic Textures)?
In other words think of a metal keep surrounded by lava, with a dark and gloomy sky with ominous mountains rising in the background. Believe me, it just works. Especially with plenty of ambient sounds (Laughter, Screams, Magic, etc.)