Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
diosoth

G.I. Joe Doomguy figure

I've finally finished this one with an actual head. I may try to make the other game weapons eventually.

all parts are 25th unless noted-
head: Duke
armor: Mercenary Wraith
arms: Dreadnok Ripper, single card version
backpack: Sgt. Airborne
torso: Dreadnok Torch
waist: Dreadnok Torch
legs: Sgt. Bazooka
helmet: Cobra Eel
gun: Duke/Flint common type pistol
chainsaw: Dreadnok Buzzer
rocket launcher: Sgt. Bazooka
BFG-9000: ROC Storm Shadow disc launcher, Ripper backpack segment, USB cap, ROC Cobra Commander grip for the side handle

The rocket launcher is closer to the Doom 3 version. The helmet is almost a perfect match for the Doom 64 version. It was modified to fit with foam padding glued inside. The BFG-9000 can be held by means of a second handle on the side but this requires using two stands.

Pretty sweet, I particularly like your BFG design. I think a black or brown paint wash would add some grit and lend some realism though--your Space Marine and his gear look a little too fresh/clean to me.

I thought about it, but sticking with the G.I. Joe aesthetic and the base sprites, the clean armor blends in better as all the 25th type Joes have the clean look.

I did give blood splatter and smearing to the zombies, though, based on their sprites.

Lists of parts used to make each one-

Doomguy:
armor: Mercenary Wraith
arms: Dreadnok Ripper, single card version
backpack: Sgt. Airborne
torso: Dreadnok Torch
waist: Dreadnok Torch
legs: Sgt. Bazooka
helmet: Cobra Eel
gun: Duke/Flint common type pistol
chainsaw: Dreadnok Buzzer
rocket launcher: Sgt. Bazooka
BFG-9000: ROC Storm Shadow disc launcher, Ripper backpack segment, USB cap, ROC Cobra Commander grip for the side handle

Zombie:
armor, chest, biceps, backpack: Mercenary Wraith
waist, forearms, hands, thighs, gun: Dreadnok Ripper
shins, feet: Dreadnok Torch

Shotgun zombie:
head: Beachhead unmasked, comic pack
armor, backpack, chest: Mercenary Wraith
waist, right thigh, shins, feet, belt: Dreadnok Ripper
arms, hands, left thigh: Dreadnok Torch
shotgun: BBI brand 1:18 weapons pack

I'm aware the backpacks break from the sprites but they're necessary to keep the armor in place.

Nice job, those are pretty cool. I tried to make a Doomguy figure similar to yours years ago, but I got tired of trying to find a decent helmet and gave up.

I think the clean armor actually matches with the sprites as well; the marines don't look dirty in-game.

I have an explosive barrel as well but it's not scanner-friendly. I made it using some Ja-Ru dollar store brand black slime container which looked like an oil drum barrel. The green slime was made by filling it with junk bits and slathering hot glue over it.

I am slowly working on a Cyberdemon but it's on hold until I can find a minotaur head.

I have also ID'd the perfect figure if anyone wants to make a Doom 3 Cyberdemon.

http://chrismandesign.blogspot.com/2010/01/marvel-legends-onslaught-series-13.html

It offers the right legs and body type.

I'm going to do a "classic" Dr. Betruger, as he might've appeared in the original Doom.

This is just a WIP test fitting of parts, no paints

Painted WIP

There is no head yet, the only Serpentor head I have can't be used but I have one on the way. The lab coat was painted in glossy white automotive touch-up paint to contrast to the flat white of the pants.

I will do blood spatter but not a lot.

Dr. Betruger classic Doom style, finished

head- Serpentor
torso, waist, biceps- Cobra Commander
forearms, hands- Desert Crimson Guard
coat- ROC Doctor
legs- ROC Storm Shadow
feet- Ripper, single card version
knife- Cobra Trooper

The legs, feet, inner jacket and hands were left unpainted, shy of the ankle discs which I painted brown. The head was only altered to blind out the left eye. The coat and arms were painted in glossy auto paint, both to minimize coats(I used the black Doctor lab coat) and to contrast against the pants.

2 more early WIP figures--

Dr. Elizabeth McNeil

I will go closer to "classic" Doom with her but she may lean closer to Doom 3 ROE than Betruger did. That goofy bodysuit she wore isn't viable for this, she will have a lab coat but maybe retain some of that body armor look. I need to obtain another coat to make this(the test fit was made using my only one) and am waiting to hear back on replacement hands. Much of the figure is Scarlett with the feet from Pilot Scarlett. No idea of the glasses, I got them in a parts lot. I cut the earpieces off and glued it to the face.

Chaingunner-

The head is salvaging a chromed Destro head that cracked that I considered for Betruger but decided not to use it. Much of this will be Buzzer with Bazooka's forearms. I will have to order a minigun from a custom parts maker.

There is a figure out there somewhere that will make a suitable Mancubus. Problem is, I have to ID it. A local thrift shop had one but it vanished before I could buy it, either bought or lost in the store. If I can find a model human brain of the right size I may make a Spider Mastermind. My Cyberdemon is still on hold until I can find a proper head.

Doom 3 plasma gun

Made from ROC Flash's rifle.

Near-finished Chaingunner, no weapon, may need additional paint work

The Revenant. I went with Doom II for the body while taking some inspiration from Doom 3 for the armor. Rather than a form-fitting silver plate that wraps around the ribs, I decided to use a UAC Marine body armor, with an indented groove down the center, lashed together with black bands(as in the sprites) and scratches and dents in the armor.

The body is a Palisades Army Of Darkness skeleton that was donated to me. The armor is from Wraith as are the rocket tubes(they were Wraith's forearm armor). They're attached by screws. The black bands are wire.

wow these are amazing. Offer a price, I'll buy them. I cant believe you had the time to do this, but none-the-less these are incredible and very accurate.

Good work, make a stop motion movie of them, it'll certainly beat the other Resisdent Evil with a pinky demon movie (doom movie, that is)

:O Wow! These are excellent. That's one of the best renditions of a revenant in any medium that I've seen. Keep it up!

I absolutely agree with everyone else, that revenant looks simply awesome. It's amazing how accurate you got it to look.

Outstanding custom Revenant, the Army of Darkness figure was an excellent choice for a base body and your armor attachments look swank too.

finished Chaingunner

the minigun came from here. http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/Detail?no=173

I ordered the modular long-barreled model to make painting easier. I wasn't even going to try building the sprite model chaingun, neither of them from any of the 3 Doom games look like a functional design anyway.

There is no ammo belt, it wouldn't attach without heavy modification and they don't have them in Doom 3.

"Classic" Dr. McNeil

head, torso, biceps, legs- Scarlett
forearms- Lady Jaye
feet- pilot Scarlett
glasses- unknown. Golden Compass, maybe?
coat- ROC Cobra Commander
data pad- ROC Paris Pursuit Baroness
laptop- Marauder Inc brand

I basically decided on blue and gray light body armor with a lab coat and gloves. I kept enough recognizable(redhead with glasses) but strayed a good bit from the odd Doom 3 outfit, which to this day I still have no idea what it is. A dress with body armor built in? I don't know.

The UAC logo is not full like I did with Betruger, it's 2 small dots with a tiny notch carved and 3 dots for the UAC letters. It was all I had room for.

a bonus. I am testing parts for a vintage ARAH type Doomguy.

An update to the chaingunner-

I was supplied a full set of 25th Roadblock accessories. Beyond replacing my gun and tripod which both had stress marks, I used the spare ammo belt and backpack to complete this custom. The ammo belt is lodged between the body and side piece with the 2 end bullets trimmed down. The backpack was modified with a new peg, taken from a leftover desert Crimson Guard backpack, which sits up higher than center.