Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Some guy selling his book that "topples Star Wars, Harry Potter" on eBay for $10M

I am selling my story that I have been creating for 10+ years. (not constantly writing, but of piecing everything together in a cohesive manner) It can be compared to stories like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Matrix, Indiana Jones and other titles in those categories. This is a really great story I have. This story needs to be completed by a professional writer or Ghost Writer. I am by no means a writer.

I would rather not sell it at all and just find investors to help hire a celebrity Ghost Writer, which would cost 250,000. The company that hires these writers out, guarantee the book to be a New York best seller. From my understanding, a celebrity ghost writer is someone who has written many books for others that have become "best sellers" and are at a point in their writing career to produce these best sellers often.

But for me, finding an investor seems impossible, it takes money to make money.

If George Lucas offered to sell his idea of Star Wars, would you have bought it?

Just hit the "ask seller a question link" for more info.

This is a serious auction, I'm not looking to rip anyone off. If you win this auction and decide you don't like the story, then you don't have to pay, and you will be refunded fully.

I would like to meet in person so that I can pass my works on.

I will share my story with someone in person only and not over the internet. My story is too valuable to be spread publicly and will give a lot of new ideas for movies and book series that should belong to the buyer.

ebay requires a physical object to be purchased. This is a CD with my story, as well as printed material, as well as verbal information from me. This will be exchanged person to person.

This story will bring in endless fame and money to anyone who takes it. I do not have money to hire a Ghost Writer and I do not want to die with this story untold.

If you win the auction; we would meet in person, you would sign a nondisclosure document so i can be protected if you back out, I would share the story. Then you would choose to keep the story or refuse it. If you refuse it you would get a 100% refund and I would be protected so that you can't use my story after backing out.

And for the people reading this post who think I'm crazy for asking this amount of money for it; this kind of money is a drop in the bucket for large corporations. If it sounds like too much money then you are not the kind of buyer I'm looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220744269251

I wonder if it's the lyrics to the Fresh Prince theme.

Also I'd like to point out that I read the title of this thread as "Topless Star Wars, Harry Potter"

Craigs said:

Also I'd like to point out that I read the title of this thread as "Topless Star Wars, Harry Potter"

I didn't notice that is wasn't "Topless Star Wars, Harry Potter" until you pointed it out.

Same here. Was wondering what the appeal was, given what most of the characters in Star Wars are, and the age of most of the characters in Harry Potter.

1. Ideas, and the idea men that have them, are worthless. It's execution that matters.

2. How original and coherent can an idea be if it's best compared to a wildly disparate group of mainstream properties?

3. "Topless Star Wars" might actually be worth $10,000,000.

This thread inspired me to mindlessly browse ebay for strange items. It was a huge waste of time but I did find some hilarious auctions:

-Few pages of "mystery boxes" where you press your luck and hope for something good

-Auction to get some guy into college

-Auction to pay some lady's bills

-Advertise on someone's car

-Buy something that looks like Jesus on the cross with Mary (which it actually does)

-Used shoes

-Tell some lady your secrets

-Fake money

Large naval vessels do get auctioned for scrap, but generally not on eBay. There was a British aircraft carrier for sale last year.

zap610 said:

This thread inspired me to mindlessly browse ebay for strange items. It was a huge waste of time but I did find some hilarious auctions:

-Few pages of "mystery boxes" where you press your luck and hope for something good

-Auction to get some guy into college

-Auction to pay some lady's bills

-Advertise on someone's car

-Buy something that looks like Jesus on the cross with Mary (which it actually does)

-Used shoes

-Tell some lady your secrets

-Fake money

I've found stranger.

Like: Potion to Become a WereWolf

Potion to become a Vampire

"Big Sex Appeal! Will refund in full (of shit)"

Creaphis said:

1. Ideas, and the idea men that have them, are worthless. It's execution that matters.

Thank you. I shall now go and cry in a corner over my worthlessness.

Serious. Some people might have good ideas, but not the means to execute them. That doesn't make their ideas shit. Not everyone with an imagination possesses skill as well. This guy is not laughable because he's trying to sell an idea, he's laughable because he ridiculously overprices his idea, which is obviously horrible or he wouldn't try to shill it by declaring it (the unwritten, unfinished work) better than every single successful piece of modern escapist fiction ever.

Solarn said:

Some people might have good ideas, but not the means to execute them. That doesn't make their ideas shit.

I didn't say that their ideas are shit; I said that they're worthless because, practically speaking, they are! Every idea that has ever mattered even slightly was had by someone with either the skill to see it realized or the charisma to spread it around. Please do note that I'm declaring my own ideas as worthless, as I lack both these qualities. I've come to terms with this unfortunate fact. If you, however, wish to redeem your ideas despite not having the skill to execute them, then put your persuasiveness to the test and convince someone else to help you.

Plenty of great ideas have been successfully implemented because the 'ideas man' happened to hook up with an 'implementation/marketing' guy at some point. In fact, I would say that this is the rule rather than the exception.

It's not something that requires any great charisma - just a basic ability to communicate, and a willingness to listen on the part of the implementation guy (which he clearly needs if he doesn't have any great ideas of his own).

Was Star Wars THAT great because of such an incredible story? It's not the "what" it's the "how." Without being able to write it himself, there is no "how" and thus no story. What he likely has is a pitch.

Every time I scan the forum titles, I keep seeing this one as...

Some guy selling his book of "topless Star Wars..."

:/

Enjay said:

Every time I scan the forum titles, I keep seeing this one as...

Some guy selling his book of "topless Star Wars..."

:/

Someone has already commented on that like, a million replies back.

Heh, I had a quick scan to see if I could see a similar comment but I must have missed it. I guess that I was still looking for the topless content.