Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chungy

Crysis 2 is intense

The part where every server he tried to join was full was p stupid considering he was only trying to join ones with 11/12 players. I was about to download the Crysis 2 demo but then I heard it was multiplayer only and lost interest.

I was able to run it decently (looks&runs about the same as the first) but was unimpressed at how it tried to be a clone of CoD, I may as well just play black ops. However it is complete fail that the graphics "options" are just 3 general configs; most likely going to skip this one.

Craigs said:

The part where every server he tried to join was full was p stupid considering he was only trying to join ones with 11/12 players. I was about to download the Crysis 2 demo but then I heard it was multiplayer only and lost interest.

Welcome to Gamespy connectivity!

I wish Game Devs would learn that Gamespy is a piece of shit and find another solution. One that, you know, actually works.

Crysis 1 set standards in graphics; looks like Crysis 2 is setting standards in consolization of PC games.

That was quite a funny video, though. At least we have a new game to make fun of now. :)

That video was lol

Having said that, the demo was a blast. The extra dimension provided by the suit stops it from being another military borefest, even if the FPS component apes COD in a big way (arghhh)

I didn't like the removal of the fist weapon. No more one-punching people in strength mode? Awww!

Crysis 2 overall seems tight. The graphics are still Crysis-WOW, and I'm sure the full version will provide more graphics customization for people with 2gb gfx cards.

The demo has had problems on the consoles as well (such as shitty matchmaking on the 360). This is clearly a hastily put together demo.

Csonicgo said:

WAAAH IT HAS AIM ASSISTANCE.. did anyone catch that? I lol'd.

incidentally from what I've heard even if you've got it enabled it doesn't work unless you're using a gamepad. If that's true, the people bitching about it are fucking retarded.

Xeros612 said:

And who in their right mind would use a gamepad for a PC FPS?

fags

Xeros612 said:

And who in their right mind would use a gamepad for a PC FPS?

bros

That actually does make sense, brofags doing something retarded.

Anyways, I'll be giving this thing a go later on, hopefully this old rig can handle it at decent settings unlike BC2.

If you consider yourself a PC gamer, these commands will help:

+cl_fov=90 (the fov value is much wider than other games, e.g. I usually use fov 100 on 1680x1050 res on most games)

+r_DrawNearFoV = 90 (gun/viewmodel fov)

+pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov = 95 (fov while sprinting)

+r_MotionBlur=0 (optional)

+g_skipIntro=1

+i_mouse_smooth=0 (hate mouse acceleration)

goes in the command line: right click shortcut > properties > Target line should look like:

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2 Demo\bin32\Crysis2Demo.exe" +cl_fov=90 +r_DrawNearFoV = 90 +pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov = 95 +r_MotionBlur=0 +g_skipIntro=1 +i_mouse_smooth=0

if you downloaded from steam: right click game > properties > set launch options > paste commands here

So now every server is missing a countdown and it is impossible to play the demo. Good port Crytek, good port.

DeumReaper said:

If you consider yourself a PC gamer, these commands will help:

Wouldn't most of those be completely pointless without a widescreen monitor, though? 90 FOV isn't going to be worth a damn on 4:3 or 5:4. And why turn off motion blur? (Unless that's just suggested for framerate purposes.) Besides, plenty of PC only games have lower FOVs than that (I think S.T.A.L.K.E.R. uses 55 or something), so I'm not sure how that factors into a "true PC gamer" or what have you.

Xeros612 said:

Wouldn't most of those be completely pointless without a widescreen monitor, though? 90 FOV isn't going to be worth a damn on 4:3 or 5:4. And why turn off motion blur? (Unless that's just suggested for framerate purposes.) Besides, plenty of PC only games have lower FOVs than that (I think S.T.A.L.K.E.R. uses 55 or something), so I'm not sure how that factors into a "true PC gamer" or what have you.

I dunno, games that aren't FOV90 make me feel dizzy / sick. This demo kivks ass BTW!

Anyone know what the hell the graphics settings are supposed to mean? Gamer, Advanced, Hardcore... what are these supposed to tell me?

Also, I like how they didn't even look at most of the UI and menus. Almost everything is still referring to TVs and consoles. Bravo, Crytek!

At least it runs well. Certainly better than Frostbite 1.5 does.

The graphics settings...well yeah. I was surprised there was no chance to fine tune things. In the full version for sure.

They probably left the console stuff like that
A) for the lulz
B) It's only a demo, and it's obviously been rushed out the door. There aren't actually that many bugs ingame so that was nice.

Anyway, have u dudes advanced far enough to get your perks up?

My kit is this:
Precision Rifle / Silencer / Reflex Sight
Weapon Pro Level 2 (fast reloads, switch to iron sights more quickly)
Stealth Enhance Level 2 (No shadow when you're cloaked!)
Proximity Sensor

Seems to work pretty good :D