Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

Level editors

DeePSea.

There's no such thing as an editor for 'pros', btw. Deth can do as much as Wadauthor, DeePSea, DCK, or any other editor can do and no more.

Still, deth comes with minimal documentation and isn't a picnic to learn so it's not a beginners editor.

Still, deth comes with minimal documentation and isn't a picnic to learn so it's not a beginners editor.

There are such things as a 'beginners' editor but not a 'pros' editor. Some editors are easier to learn than others but when it comes down to it no editor can do any more than any other, so it's a matter of preference once you already know what you're doing.

Speaking of which, before I forget, how in the Hell do you get it to where an action happens when a certain enemy gets killed (e.g., a door doesn't open or the level isn't exited until the Cyberdemon(s) die(s))?

Speaking of which, before I forget, how in the Hell do you get it to where an action happens when a certain enemy gets killed (e.g., a door doesn't open or the level isn't exited until the Cyberdemon(s) die(s))?

Sounds like you already forgot :p

You can only do that on certain maps with certain monsters. If you create a map that runs on e2m8 and put a cyberdemon in it, the map will end. There's no way to do that on any other Doom 1 map. It's hardcoded into the .exe.

Fuck you too.

What I meant when I said "before I forget", I meant "before I forget to ask".

Anywho, maybe I should elaborate more. I've played a googleplex other levels in which something was activated when an enemy was killed.

And apparently you didn't read the whole post Liam. I didn't limit my question to exiting a level. What I wanted to know was how to like, say, have a lift raise or a door open when a Baron OR Cyberdemon OR any group of enemies was killed.

For exmaple: let's say I wanted to make a level where the key to the exit door was on a small lift below the floor, but the lift wouldn't rise until the Baron(s) was/were dead, or a wall didn't lower until that happened (E1M8 anybody?).

E1M8:
» Sector(s) with 666 tag lower to lowest height when Baron(s) are killed.

E2M8:
» Level exits when Cyberdemon(s) are killed.

E3M8:
» Level exits when Spider Mastermind(s) are killed.

E4M8:
» Sector(s) with 666 tag lower to lowest height when Spider Mastermind(s) are killed.

Map07:
» Sector(s) with 666 tag lower to lowest height when Mancubi/Mancubus'/Mancubuses* are killed.
» Sector(s) with 667 tag raise to nearest floor height when Arachnotron(s) are killed.

Mapxx:
» Sectors with 666 tag opens like door when Commander Keen(s) are killed.

(* Don't start.)

Well, that did clear things up a bit, but I could have sworn that I've played other levels in which actions like that happened on other maps.

Fuck you too.

What I meant when I said "before I forget", I meant "before I forget to ask".

Anywho, maybe I should elaborate more. I've played a googleplex other levels in which something was activated when an enemy was killed.

Well what I said still applied. I was giving one of several examples.

E1M8:
» Sector(s) with 666 tag lower to lowest height when Baron(s) are killed.

E2M8:
» Level exits when Cyberdemon(s) are killed.

E3M8:
» Level exits when Spider Mastermind(s) are killed.

E4M8:
» Sector(s) with 666 tag lower to lowest height when Spider Mastermind(s) are killed.

Map07:
» Sector(s) with 666 tag lower to lowest height when Mancubi/Mancubus'/Mancubuses* are killed.
» Sector(s) with 667 tag raise to nearest floor height when Arachnotron(s) are killed.

Mapxx:
» Sectors with 666 tag opens like door when Commander Keen(s) are killed.

(* Don't start.)

You forgot the E4M6 one, where sectors tagged 666 open like doors when the Cyberdemon(s) are killed.

'Course, you might not have gotten that far through E4M6.