Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rambosee

E2M1 from mermory?

So map e1m1 was done before from memory, it it turned out to be good by the general community. What about e2m1? Can that accuracy that was given in e1m1 be transferred to e2m1 with the same rules applying? What do you think? Will it be harder or easier? And how much time would it presumably take? Try it out, see how close you can get!
Link for my map will be up soon. =P

Mithran Denizen said:

There was this one from a few days ago too...

Yeah, he linked that same thread in his post. :D

Anyway, It would be an interesting idea to remake levels from memory, and then put them in a (mega)wad.

I made a map similar in design or inspired by E2M1, it's called "Stoned" and on /idgames/. See my sig.

Mithran Denizen said:

I hate E2M1

E2M1 has a good music, one of the best of Doom :) but the level iteslf wasn't as good.

E2M1's tune is kinda whiny-sounding and annoying, imo. And the level has to be the most boring starting levels of the 3 episodes of Doom.

E3M1, though, is kick-ass, AND has a kick-ass tune. I wish people would use that tune more often.

Doomhuntress said:

E3M1, though, is kick-ass, AND has a kick-ass tune. I wish people would use that tune more often.

That song's a bit too intense for most maps, I'd think. It's a song that's pretty much exclusive to levels that are brief and unbelievably brutal (like E3M1, and E2M9).

True that. E3M1 is a very short map, but a hard one, too. I'd love to hear it in a hell map, but most hell maps I've seen are very very long, and very very brutal, too. Not the kind of map 'Untitled' would fit on.