Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomChampion

Doom2 piracy?

Hello doomworld. The other day I was shocked to discover that illegal iwads such as doom2.wad, heretic.wad, and hexen.wad are being hosted by a multiplayer port known as Zdaemon at http://downloads.zdaemon.org/wads/ . I could be wrong but are these iwads not freeware? In fact I believe that id software is still selling them online. If this is true then the wads hosted are illegal and I hope that the community can order zdaemon to remove the illegal files. I have also included a screenshot in case that they remove the files in an attempt to cover this up.

Not surprised one bit. The zdaemon team has been covertly encouraging the piracy of iwads through the illegal ****** download utility. At least we now know where they truly stand with regards to piracy. Forget wasting your time contacting them, best course of action is to simply boycott zdaemon. Without players zdaemon will die on its own.

I will however be reporting this illegal activity to ID Software. This is definitely a violation of copyright law in just about every single country in the world.

Cyberbaron2 said:

Not surprised one bit. The zdaemon team has been covertly encouraging the piracy of iwads through the illegal ****** download utility. At least we now know where they truly stand with regards to piracy. Forget wasting your time contacting them, best course of action is to simply boycott zdaemon. Without players zdaemon will die on its own.

I will however be reporting this illegal activity to ID Software. This is definitely a violation of copyright law in just about every single country in the world.

hmm... That's what you said the last 1000 times. Still there.

Oh, we're still doing this? Something seems off about this, maybe it's how much DoomChampion reminds me of Cyberbaron...

By the way, a screenshot is in no way "proof" of this.

If you had used webcitation your evidence would have been more convincing than a screenshot.

There doesn't appear to be any illegal material at that URL now. There's no solid evidence in my eyes that there ever was. If there was, it has now been removed, so I would consider the problem resolved.

If there was pirated material at that location, it was unwise of you to create a thread linking to it, as linking to pirated software is a bannable offense on these forums.

Doomworld has no connection to ZDaemon and we do not have control over what they host on their servers. Posting a thread here achieves nothing. If ZDaemon are hosting pirated material, you should complain to them and ask them to remove it; if they do not do so, you should then complain to the copyright holders (Activision).

What posting a thread like this does do is annoy people on these forums, as there is nothing we can do about it, and the GetWad controversy is a tired one that we're frankly all fed up of hearing about.

you should've included a timestamp, this is absolutely worthless. iwad downloads weren't present at the link you provided 30 minutes after your post, 90 minutes after uploading that image. that's crazy effective coverup!

At this point I think I speak for most of dw when I say, nobody gives a fuck if ZDaemon is raping puppies in satans whorehouse, we don't want to see another fucking thread about it in Source Ports.