Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlysiumX

Zelda Project [Tech Demo]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG0etU158og

This is a tech demo of what I have done so far.

The details of this project has changed, I've decide to revert this project the original goal. Its going to be the multiplayer aspect, currently I am planning invasion, but deathmatch may still be a possibility I just will have to see how well it plays.

I was expecting something stupid (no offense), but was very pleasantly surprised.

edit: thanks to your more informative edits my post looks even stupider

But yeah, make a LttP MMO.

I've never really been into Zelda all that much, but that was pretty hip/fly/rad/whatever. I don't have enough free time nor love of Zelda to join in right now, but I support the idea.

If the project is still being worked on in a few months, I'd be willing to lend a hand with some some mapping, spriting, scripting, and what-not.

I am probably derailing this project off the invasion tracks in favor of something more epic. I may also change the graphics to minish style graphics seeing as those are a bit more stylish then the link to the past graphics. The only thing that worries me about that, is that minish is kind of cartoony while the link to the past seems more serious, so not sure if thats the best route to be going.I mostly want to do it cause the animations are so much smoother which I think might make gameplay a bit more enjoyable.

Of course Ill probably be pulling items from all the games, a long with some of my own idea which I think would be great.

This is one of the coolest things i've ever seen. Like DuckReconMajor I too was expecting something stupid. This is awesome!

Why don't you go for 100% custom sprites & textures? I mean, I'm pretty sure you can catch enough friction to attract some worthy talent.

Edit: I don't know anything about skulltag so i don't know if you can do this but those sprites will look a lot better if they were always aligned to camera. If you do it that way they will never look like a 2d billboard. Remember that the sprites were created in a way that fakes a 3d birds-eye-view perspective... i could see reasons why you wouldn't want this but it seems to me like it would be better.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Looking pretty cool so far.

Wow, I can't wait to play this.
Is there gonna be blood? I've always wanted to see the classic Nintendo characters blown to bits in Doom.

Processingcontrol said:

Wow, I can't wait to play this.
Is there gonna be blood? I've always wanted to see the classic Nintendo characters blown to bits in Doom.

Oh yes... there will be blood... lol no but laying off the saw gimmicks for a minute. Probably won't be much more gore then expect from a typical zelda game, I am considering the gameplay and overall design of other zelda titles going into making this mod.

pretty impressive. I also was not expecting something very promising, though knowing who the author of the thread is suggested otherwise...

Hmmmm... for me, Zelda is about adventure (primarily - exploration), not fighting with hordes in the same room again and again.
Yeah, I don't like Invasion in general.

Memfis said:

Hmmmm... for me, Zelda is about adventure (primarily - exploration), not fighting with hordes in the same room again and again.
Yeah, I don't like Invasion in general.

Still juggling ideas, i figure invasion would work pretty well and dm/ctf would be pretty intresting to see how it plays. For singleplayer/coop im messing with the idea of maybe a set of dungeon player can go through together progressively, so each one would give you an item like in the original zelda. Players that join late or a couple level in would automatically be caught up on the latest weaponary.

Maybe coop dungeons is something you will enjoy :)

btw thanks the for the positive feedback guys. Also I'm curious if there anything specific you would like to see in this mod. Let me know thanks.

Wow, this looks really good!

Seriously, when you hear anything about a Zelda, Mario, Sonic anything, it usually turns out to be a disappointment. Sir, you have some quality stuff right here. If it's not a terribly hard thing to do, I think having a variety of game modes to play would really show off the "engine", and perhaps let you get an idea of what people like the most, so you can make more maps of that particular game mode.