Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lazer

MD2 Models - How do I Make Them?

I want to make MD2 models. How do I do this? I know you can use 3D Studio Max 4, but it costs a ton, so I got it off of Kazaa, but it is missing 3dsmaxSetup3.cab, so it won't let me install it, otherwise it seems to be fine. So, what programs can I use, and is there anyone out there that can send me the 3dsmaxSetup3.cab file so I can install it?
Thanks

here's some links to utilities I found:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~renep/quakeme/

http://www.quake2.com/modeling/

Shit, I can't remember where I found MilkShape but it looks good. There's lots of good stuff ont he PlanetQuake sites, just remember to get MD2 editors and not MDL or MD3 editors...

Thanks... but after trying all 3 of the things you mentioned, I found myself stuck again. Milkwhatever doesn't seem to support MD2, only MDL and MD3. I found some good MD2 editor, but I couldn't figure out how to build stuff, only edit previous stuff.
So, I really would like some links to editors people have used and created MD2s from scratch with.

Hmmm... I've made two md2's, both for a mod called gloom (they were add on models that people could use instead of the standard models), and I really had no problem with Milkshape 3D. What you'll have to do is make the model, then a skin, then make all the anims for the model (I made all the anims seperately, and then exproted them out of the model, and when I finished all the anims). I then imported all the anims into one long animation. I also think there was something to do with a qc file, but I'm not sure. Also, before you start to make anims, export the model and test it in the game to see if it's facing the right way (front in md2 might not be the same as in the editor, as I had some problems with this).

...ok, now that I think of it, it's not as easy as I thought... ^_^;

Well, if you're looking for free editors there is very little to choose from. Milkshape may be your only choice.