Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Comic Rage

Bethesda and Dark horse comics are, according to Gametrailers, teaming up to make a three issue Rage comic book. Unfortunately it's not authored by the esteemed creators of the Doom comic, but instead by some other people. It'll be written by Arvid Nelson and penciled by Andrea Mutti. Will it reach the epic heights of the Doom comic? Only time will tell. Anyway, if you follow the link there is some more information about the comic and its authors, as well as a shot of the rather bland cover art.

Rip and tear!

Well, it's nice Rage will be coming to me in a format I can participate in seeing as how I won't be able to play the game for a few years due to lack of technology. I actually hopes it ends up being as infamous as the Doom comic; that thing was so bad it was awesome. Since Id gets money out of this I'll have to pick it up just to support them, but I already have a stack of graphic novels in queue as it is.

Johnatone said:

I actually hopes it ends up being as infamous as the Doom comic; that thing was so bad it was awesome.

I actually "hopes" it becomes something actually good, not like the single-character, full of goofs Doom comic.

kristus said:

It'll be written by Arvid Nelson ...

Arvid Nelson is the author of the excellent Rex Mundi, which features the marvellous art of Juan Ferreyra. If the Rage story is half as well-told and drawn as RM, the comic will be a collector's item.

I actually thought it would be about "raging" comics, or a recent "rage" about comics, or a new batch of comics with raging plots/characters/etc., or simply a new, well, comic rage.

Anything BUT a comic about Rage.

I thought it was going to be about rage comics, and I'm glad it isn't, because I've seen way more of that bullshit than I ever wanted to see in one lifetime.

Maes said:

I actually thought it would be about "raging" comics, or a recent "rage" about comics, or a new batch of comics with raging plots/characters/etc., or simply a new, well, comic rage.

Anything BUT a comic about Rage.

Nearly everyone has been putting puns in the news titles lately, I can't believe you guys couldn't figure out this one.

Well, we gotta see if this new Rage Comic will be all the uhm... rage?

well I bought the first issue today and it is mediocre at best. so it does nothing to grab your interest. there's a part where 2 scientists mention how they used to work at U.A.C

Shapeless said:

here's a part where 2 scientists mention how they used to work at U.A.C

So Rage actually takes place in the same universe as Doom? Sweet!

Everything takes place in the same universe. It's just Quake is in a different galaxy, in between Star Wars and Cthulhu, and a few rows behind behind Aliens.

I don't know where My Little Pony is though.