Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Getting Wolf3D TC secret blocks to work right in GZdoom

The sliding secret blocks in the Wolf3D TC work in GZdoom except there is one glaring bug. There is a 'you fail it' symbol in place of the secret blocks, so that you can see right through the secret block into the secret area! Other than this major bug the secrets work as they should (by the block sliding inward). Any idea how to fix this bug? I am using GZdoom version 1.5.0. I tried the latest version of GZDoom, but the 'you fail it' bug is still there.

about the TC: http://afadoomer.com/wolf3d/about.html

features of the TC: http://afadoomer.com/wolf3d/default.php

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I toggled off all the settings that make gzdoom fuzzy and silly looking. So I guess I am not playing in OpenGL.

The important file is "Wolf3DGL.pk3". Only load it if GZDoom is in GL mode, otherwise don't load it and secret panels will work vertically like Doom doors.

So what you guys are telling me you can only have wolf3d secret doors behave properly in OpenGL mode. Kind of disappointing because it means you can't play wolf3d under (G)Zdoom the way it is in the actual game. To have it look like Wolf3D you have to use vertical doors.

That's because Doom doesn't have pushwalls, so alternative solutions had to be found.

I guess you could try making voxel models of the walls. Then it'd work with SVN builds of ZDoom.

With the rework of the polyobject system, Afa has been working on a modified converter that'd use pobjs instead of models. But there are hurdles to overcome this way too since there's no easy way to know how far it should move -- pobjs don't collide with level geometry or other pobjs.

Vermil said:

Doesn't GZdoom allow one to play with filters to make things look pixelated?

This sounds like the simplest solution. I hope so!

Hellbent said:

This sounds like the simplest solution. I hope so!

Yep. Under OpenGL Settings, set the Filter type to "Nearest".