Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caleb Hystad

Pixel Art Series

Mithran Denizen said:

it seems pretty obvious to me what the last one will be...

Waaaaaitt....I think I might know. We'll see

magicsofa - How'd you do?
Seeker - Did you know this one? I was wondering if everyone would know about this.
Mithran - Thanks, Keen worked out better than I thought he would. I should do a little swinging animation with him...
Creaphis - New favourite time starts now! Unless you're into the cute characters more than bloody heads on sticks.

Here it is the last of the second series, and possibly the best easter egg character ever!

DOOM II "John Romero's Head on a Stick" eleven of a series of eleven

If you used the clipping code to walk through the Final Boss, you would find that Romero's head is what you're actually shooting to win the game. Pure genius.

Thanks for following along guys, and I really appreciate all the positive comments.

--
As always, you can follow the updates on my tumblr as well.
8x8pixels.tumblr.com

Using the idclip cheat code instead of items to surround Romero's head is the high point of this last piece. :)

Good job all round - that Romero head is a very good representation, despite the one being most reduced in resolution.

Gez - Glad you caught it. I figured if you've seen the head, you've used the code!
Seeker - It worked out pretty well in the end, with both games having the same number of enemies.
Phobus - Thanks! It's actually based on the recoil frame. If you squint you might be able to see his open mouth and slight head tilt.

I'll put together a full lineup soon.

In the meantime, here's something new from the weekend. Don't worry, I won't turn this into just a random pop culture thread, it's just hard not to share somethings!

Oh, this is my current desktop image, and might just be a future series...

--
As always, you can follow the updates on my tumblr as well.
8x8pixels.tumblr.com

Ha, can't pull one over on you magicsofa.

Check this out, a few days ago I sent a message to John Romero, and he retweeted my link to his head on a stick. https://twitter.com/theromero# Just look how happy his profile image is about it! I can't think of a better way to end the series.