Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Craigs

Looking forward to Mass Effect 3?

DoomUK said:

Fire the guy responsible and release a formal public apology. All will be well.

From what I read about it on /v/ as well (not the most reliable source I know but IDGAF), it's possible more people might be involved as well. There was also some kind of conspiracy on there as well stating that Biowares' employees' bonuses and funding are actually determined by the scores their games receive on Metacritic, or something like that anyway, hence the reason the guy did this in the first place. Could be bullshit I know, but if not, well, good luck finding a new publisher.

Mass Effect and Dragon Age each have entirely different departments at BioWare. Even if this does turn out to be true, EA won't leave a highly-successful product that had nothing to do with a conspiracy.

Craigs said:

From what I read about it on /v/ as well (not the most reliable source I know but IDGAF), it's possible more people might be involved as well. There was also some kind of conspiracy on there as well stating that Biowares' employees' bonuses and funding are actually determined by the scores their games receive on Metacritic, or something like that anyway, hence the reason the guy did this in the first place. Could be bullshit I know, but if not, well, good luck finding a new publisher.

EA owns Bioware, so I don't think they'll have trouble finding a publisher. They'll probably just fire the stupid asses responsible for this stunt and move on.

caco_killer said:

They'll probably just fire the stupid asses responsible for this stunt and move on.

lolno

Need I remind this thread about EA's Wikipedia whitewashing? Between that and this, I seriously doubt anyone gives a shit.

Mr. Freeze said:

lolno

Need I remind this thread about EA's Wikipedia whitewashing? Between that and this, I seriously doubt anyone gives a shit.

I googled that "Wikipedia Whitewashing" thing. Yeah, you're right, nobody gives a shit. I don't really care, either, I was just posting what I thought they would do. Sometimes I forget how corporations act.

Old news. This is at least the third bot they have bumping up their ratings on Metacritic.

Companies should not be allowed to bump up review sites' scores for their products with a 100%, not all games are perfect and should be TRUTHFUL about how the game is.

Technician said:

Mass Effect 1&2 were lame.

ME1 had it's share of flaws.

How anyone could say this about ME2 though is quite beyond me.

I loved both Mass Effect titles, but I lost my favorite Shepard spanning through both games after I reformatted and forgot to back it up so I have to play through both of them again to get the full effect of ME3.. which I just don't feel like doing. So.. ME3 might not happen for me.

DoomUK said:

ME1 had it's share of flaws.

How anyone could say this about ME2 though is quite beyond me.

I loved both games, but to say ME2 had no flaws is bullshit.

-No inventory
-Human characters are still bland
-Talents all a whopping FOUR skill levels
-The entire middle of the story slouches
-Reduced character interactions due to increased crew size ("CALIBRATIOOOONS")
-Your heavily hyped choices from ME1? Cameos. Cameos everywhere.
-No Admiral Hackett.

Maybe this time they'll do the smart thing and make a tool for choosing decisions for people who want to make a new Shepard.

Mr. Freeze said:

I loved both games, but to say ME2 had no flaws is bullshit.

-No inventory
-Human characters are still bland
-Talents all a whopping FOUR skill levels
-The entire middle of the story slouches
-Reduced character interactions due to increased crew size ("CALIBRATIOOOONS")
-Your heavily hyped choices from ME1? Cameos. Cameos everywhere.
-No Admiral Hackett.

Maybe I worded that post awkwardly.

ME2 is in no way flawless. But to call it "lame" is an even bigger pile of bullshit than to hand-wave the things that are wrong with it and claim it to be a thing of perfection.

DoomUK said:

ME2 is in no way flawless. But to call it "lame" is an even bigger pile of bullshit than to hand-wave the things that are wrong with it and claim it to be a thing of perfection.

In that case, we both agree on the same thing.