• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Doomguy's Forced and Painful Chocolate Shotgun

If you want to know about the "how", "what" and "why" go here for the
original story.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=956013#post956013

The idgames-complete version of it is here (March 22 version with tempun's fix):

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16413

Have fun ;-)

EDIT: updated version with 20 pellets/"blasts", and more uhm...decal variety.

EDIT2: updated version with tempun's fix for pickups

Yikes, scary to see it become official, now I might actually see how fun it plays. But do you want to double the bullet count? I made each shot shoot 10 pellets instead of the SSG 20, so it's now the equivalent of 2 ssg shots. That would also double the wall decal density...

And you can put down 1-2 hrs build time for me in the text, how did I stick with it that long?

Heh I was a bit too hasty to upload it to idgames...well, idgames amendment coming after the first version gets approved or rejected.

I was thinking that it might be cooler to somehow bind this...uhm...special attack to a secondary fire button, so that Doomguy can actually shoot BOTH WAYS, that would actually make it wortwhile and a funny DM element ;-)

I don't know what it would take to make it ZDaemon compatible though...any ZDoom < 2.50 barfs on the DECORATE lump :-/

I'm not sure of any way. The EXPLICITANGLE line and the horizontal spread "random(191,169)" (in degrees) make it fire in that backward angle range, and only recent ZDooms support EXPLICITANGLE

I'm guessing the bullet marks are from Doomguy's testicles being expelled from his ass at high speeds.

Also, the shit on the walls is hard to see in Doom 2 considering that's what they all look like anyway.

Yeah, we need more decal variety, since they all have the same shade.

I need to throw more shittyness in...and stop working on it because my belly hurts from all the laughing ΧD

Edit: a new, "better" version with 20x pellets per "discharge" and more uhm...decal variety is uploaded ;-)

DuckReconMajor said:

I'm guessing the bullet marks are from Doomguy's testicles being expelled from his ass at high speeds.

Just so you know, those pills contain a mixture of dehydrated prunes (with WHOLE SEEDS), concentrated prune juice, castor oil, mexican beans, concentrated fig extract, beans, lentilles, chick peas and escolar. These compounds are mixed with diatomaceous earths and soda that sequester bodily fluids and make them bulk up quickly, causing a VIOLENT discharge. The "bullets" are actually the prune seeds re-hydrated to full size by Doomguy's precious bodily fluids. Any questions?

DuckReconMajor said:

Also, the shit on the walls is hard to see in Doom 2 considering that's what they all look like anyway.

Fixed that right up: a new, "better" version with 20x pellets per "discharge" and more uhm...decal variety is uploaded ;-)

Stopping at a weapons mod? Give Doomguy acouple maps to run around in with lots of toilets and imps. Ghetto theme.

"Out of the dark depths of the Insanity Pit a jokewad is born: Doomguy's Forced and Painful Chocolate Shotgun Adventure!!!"

"Get it while it's hot (and still running down the wall)."

Please stop, I got a bellyache from the laughter >< >< ><

Working on this mod gave a whole other dimension to "fun" for me...

Well, if someone really wants to turn this into a full-fledged mod...I will be totally game after a couple of weeks (where I'll have time to catch up on more Doom-related projects, first and foremost Mocha Doom). I even have a TITLEPIC concept ><

DuckReconMajor said:

blue?

*shrug* I only defined brown rgb shades ranging from very dark to a mustard yellow, although sometimes I get greenish streaks on the walls. Didn't see them turn blue in Doom 1 though.

Well, the first version with just 10 pellets and dull decals is officially accepted into idgames (not that it takes much, nowadays), and the amended version is on its way too. Truly, a significant day for Doom and gaming in general.

Creaphis said:

Some classy stuff here.

Yeah, and wait until my aptly named "Doomguy's BADLY CUT and NASTY crack", "Doomguy's CHEAP MAD DOG WINE HANGOVER" hit the streets, among others.

Well, this supports my opinion that ZDoom is a fine jokewad engine, but good for nothing else. I'll probably download GZDoom again.

Well. I dl'd GZDoom and noticed that 4 shells are never replaced by pills. It's a bug I guess:

actor Shellorpill : RandomSpawner replaces Shell
{
    DropItem "AltShell" 255 4
    DropItem "PainfulPills" 255 1
}

ACTOR AltShell : Shell replaces Shell
{
}
You have two actors replacing Shell.

Updated and credited you (wait for the idgames 22/3/2011 version)

wow this is like my first couple of days on this forum site and
my god this is the funnest and at the same time the most immature thing ive seen discussed

great work