Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

The largest number of linedefs on only 1 map

Simple question: What's the bigger number of linedefs on the same map you've known?

My known bigger map is the Sunder level 14 (Hive Mother). It has more than 50, 000 linedefs and I couldn't play that because the level caused massive lag.

Katamori said:

Simple question: What's the bigger number of linedefs on the same map you've known?

My known bigger map is the Sunder level 14 (Hive Mother). It has more than 50, 000 linedefs and I couldn't play that because the level caused massive lag.

Does it have a huge number of torches? If so, see if turning dynamic lights off helps.

I remember playing some map called "industrial zone" a few months ago. I forgot who made it, but there were so many linedefs that any more would prevent it from working in zdoom.

They do surpass engine limits.

NaturalTvventy made an industrial city map that has a ridiculous number of lines. Apparently Vela Pax by Mechadon will too.

NaturalTvventy said:

The most current version of zdoom can't, so this one's been shelved a bit until the next version is released. Sure to be plenty more lines before it's done.

The latest SVN version of ZDoom can handle it and knowing ZDoom's spotty release schedule it may take another 6 or more months for an official release.

The entire ZDoom community has already come to the conclusion that waiting for official releases is mostly pointless as there is no logic behind them and the SVN builds are easily available and more importantly, up to date.

Don't worry. If this continues I am going to do a GZDoom release that addresses the bug which makes this map fail right now, if you are announcing a release.

Which is the most RAM intensive Doom map object? The most file-storage intensive are the sidedefs, which are both pretty large in record size and numerous.

Graf Zahl said:

The entire ZDoom community has already come to the conclusion that waiting for official releases is mostly pointless as there is no logic behind them and the SVN builds are easily available and more importantly, up to date.

Not everyone who plays Doom is savvy enough about the existence of SVNs and other such inside tricks. They might never even register to forums but still spend their time playing ZDoom.

NaturalTvventy said:

Indeed....

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/emilharold/lines.png

So many lines that I'm pretty sure there is no released source port that can currently handle it. The most current version of zdoom can't, so this one's been shelved a bit until the next version is released. Sure to be plenty more lines before it's done.

God damn!!Full of respect for the author! =O

Cell said:

Holy shit, that map is a port suicide!

Not sure, because not the port kills itself :D you kill the port by running the level :D

but no, I've tried Hive Mother, and it ran slowly... but I could see the other point of the level :D

however, fight is impsobbile due to the "lag" and the lagre number off hellspawns... (about 4-5 thousand)