Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

Koliko's Adventure

EDIT: No longer called "Sam's Adventure"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwbqthw2k8k

Retarded Doom mod I came up with when I may or may not have been completely stoned. It's very early in development and very incomplete at the time being though, and is for the Boom sourceport.

Anyway, the story for this is that there is an Evil Bunny Empire (EBE), that has decided to invade the peaceful island of Potland in order to enslave it's populace to farm weed (which they're already doing) so they can sell it to other nations for profit, and the island inhabitants can't have any of it for themselves. :( Then some stoner dumbass living on the west side of the island named Sam (may or may not be based on me :P) decides to go on a random adventure, having no clue about this plot, and heads off to adventure in the middle of the invasion, and encounters some evil bunny troops. He sets off to go to the east to end this dastardly plot of evil, where EBE's headquarters are, the Evil Bunny castle, which is a flying ship in the form of a castle.

Yes, I know. It's fucking retarded.

So, Sam must be quite the stoner, ey?

let me guess, stimpaks will be replaced with a spliff and medkits with a bong? Looks entertaining hope u get it finished

More crap I've been wasting my time with.

You can't tell me Romero wasn't high when he made Knee-Deep in the Dead, it's too trippy.

Sodahollic said:

You can't tell me Romero wasn't high when he made Knee-Deep in the Dead, it's too trippy.

I pretty seriously doubt it.

I really can't imagine Romero as a stoner, either. Some people can be imaginative without chemical assistance, thank you very much. :P

This looks like it could have some humour potential, though. The sun alone is pretty good.

The water texture is from another WAD or custom work? Because similar to the Doom1 water tex. but also similar to the Hexen water tex. :D

Pretty sure the textures come from Freedoom, 'cept the skies.
At any rate, I'm very intrigued to see more of this. The concept is so ridiculous that this HAS to be good.

Hell yeah, sign me up!

Is the thumb spider supposed to be a boss monster or something?

The thumb spider replaces the demon and spectre, they are not bosses. There are two variations, one is the regular green ones, and then the red ones are faster, have more health, and are more resistant to pain.

Most of the textures are from FreeDoom, but a few of them are custom, like the grass texture. (which I submitted to freedoom because I think it's better) I am using a custom palette (modified doom) and colormap (better fog, doesn't fade to grays and browns), so that it is more colorful, like a drug trip. :P

sound funny and the screens in your first post look interessing. but the new ones are kinda flat and boring.

Just curious, is there anyone that would like to help out with mapping? I already have a few rough draft levels put together.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Does this wad on DSDA?

I'm not really sure what DSDA is, but I will say that this wad is aiming to be Boom compatible.

I may post some screenshots when the game is a little more polished.

I decided to scrap "Sam" as a character, and replace it with a stoned cat named "Koliko" instead. The reason I did this is because Sam is loosely based on me, and has the same name, and I'd rather disassociate myself from this stuff, just so I don't look like a total stoner to other people.

So yeah, I might have some concept sketches of the new character up later.