Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

UnendingRequiem said:

How is there not a thread on this already?

Probably because it's overshadowed by everyone's "excitement" over Rage.

It's about time they made a video game about scifi military people shooting each other in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Oh wait.

I'm looking forward to it, if only to swing, climb, and run around the levels like a monkey

40oz said:

It's about time they made a video game about scifi military people shooting each other in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Oh wait.

It does look like Borderlands/Bulletstorm. I noticed that too.

40oz said:

Oh wait.

Well hey it's not WWII

or like, modern warfare

DoomUK said:

I find your post hilarious, despite the fact that I don't know why...

UnendingRequiem said:

I find your post hilarious, despite the fact that I don't know why...

Might have to do with the sheer amount of rage Rage creates around these parts.

imp1979 said:

Would've been nice to ses actual gameplay.

There are a few on youtube somewhere

DoomUK said:

Or hypothetical Heretic 3/Hexen 3.

Craigs said:

Might have to do with the sheer amount of rage Rage creates around these parts.

"DoomWorld, you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany...We must tread cautiously."

I'm looking forward to this, and I really dig the style, too! Yes, it's another futuristic man shoot, but the parkour elements really seem to make it stand out. It's also being developed by the creators of Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and Quake Wars, so that's always a bonus.

Snarboo said:

I'm looking forward to this, and I really dig the style, too! Yes, it's another futuristic man shoot, but the parkour elements really seem to make it stand out. It's also being developed by the creators of Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and Quake Wars, so that's always a bonus.

Quake Wars was just an unbalanced version of Battlefield...

From the sound of this article they're basically saying that the singleplayer is going to focus around the same idea as the multiplayer, i.e. something similar to Unreal Tournament's Assault mode.

That could easily translate into "There is no singleplayer mode," which I'm sure many of us would say about Quake 3 or UT. 'Course, that's no unforgivable sin -- I found UT2K4 loads of fun in SP, even if it's just a 'training' mode with bots. If the multiplayer kicks as much ass as it looks, then it's all a moot point anyway. :P

Xaser said:

That could easily translate into "There is no singleplayer mode," which I'm sure many of us would say about Quake 3 or UT. 'Course, that's no unforgivable sin -- I found UT2K4 loads of fun in SP, even if it's just a 'training' mode with bots. If the multiplayer kicks as much ass as it looks, then it's all a moot point anyway. :P

From what I've read it actually sounds like the other way around. I think it's going to be more like L4D where the competitive multiplayer component consists of one team trying to play through the campaign while the other team tries to stop them.

What I find interesting is that every single character in the trailer calmly performs maneuvers that are suicidally dangerous, as if they know that they'll simply return to life if killed. It's like Unreal Tournament, where all pretense that the combat represents actual life-and-death scenarios has been dropped.

Creaphis said:

What I find interesting is that every single character in the trailer calmly performs maneuvers that are suicidally dangerous, as if they know that they'll simply return to life if killed. It's like Unreal Tournament, where all pretense that the combat represents actual life-and-death scenarios has been dropped.

If you watch the container city demo there's actually a guy in your squad at the very beginning bitching about how he doesn't want to die and as soon as he hears a few shots that aren't even close to them he ducks into cover and screams about how he's taking fire. Basically he's like that one austrian guy from Quake 4.

When I first heard about this game I thought it was going to take place mostly on that fancy future city everyone is trying to get to. I was a little more excited about it then, although it still looks like it might be fun.

Cinematic trailer was one of the least badass things I've ever seen...I dunno why it just made me crack up. Like they are trying way too hard to be cool. It reminded me of that movie Equilibrium.

But, the gameplay footage proved that it might actually be awesome. Hopefully it's as fun (with more longevity) as that weird korean game Gunz, if anyone has played it.

imp1979 said:

Would've been nice to ses actual gameplay.

Seconded.

Also, did anyone have a clue what the Hell was going on? It looked like people in mismatched clothes killing eachother.

Some of them though did look a bit more militarish, and I hope their the good guys. I hate being Rebels overthrowing empires. I want to be Empires crushing rebels!

EDIT: Whoop, just saw the last trailer. This actually could be something now... Well, could be something for Multiplayer. What happened to Single Player gaming?