Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Harmony: Now with more harmony!

Jimmy has been hard at work over the last few months composing a new original MIDI soundtrack for Thomas van der Velden's amazing independent ZDoom-based game project Harmony (with Thomas's permission). Today he has released the unofficial Harmony MIDI pack, a selection of fourteen brand-new tracks composed specifically for replacing the game's somewhat unvaried soundtrack. The pack comes with a WAD file that modifies the game's MAPINFO lump to allow the game to be played with the new MIDIs.

Download the pack here. You will need Harmony v1.1 (the IWAD version that ZDoom recognizes) to run it.

Great news.

You didn't include a .txt in the pack, so I was wondering if you would allow reuse of these MIDIs in other wads.

Excuse me for being retarded but I get this when trying to load up the music wad am I doing something wrong?

"Script error, "HarmonyMIDIPack.wad:MAPINFO" line 28:
gameinfo: Unknown top level keyword"

Arch-Valentine said:

Excuse me for being retarded but I get this when trying to load up the music wad am I doing something wrong?

"Script error, "HarmonyMIDIPack.wad:MAPINFO" line 28:
gameinfo: Unknown top level keyword"

How old is your ZDoom? The gameinfo block in MAPINFO has been around for a while.

Phml said:

Great news.

You didn't include a .txt in the pack, so I was wondering if you would allow reuse of these MIDIs in other wads.

Thanks. By all means go ahead. :)

(Incidentally, I've added some copyright info to the MIDIs themselves, forbidding the alteration and redistribution of them without prior consent, but this is mainly to stop people potentially claiming them as their own. Reuse in WADs, however, is perfectly fine. :P)

Some of these songs are really fucking great. I can't stop listening to them.

Somehow I find this considerably more fitting than the original songs, partly due to the retro factor of using MIDIs.

Good stuff!

Jimmy... you are a music machine.