• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Craigs

Ace of Spades

Not the song dick heads.
http://ace-spades.com/
I stumbled across this game while browsing /v/. Basically it's like minecraft CTF with guns. You build fortifications, dig tunnels, capture the other team's intel, and of course you shoot the shit out of anyone who's a different color than you. Right now it's in early beta and unstable as hell so you usually need to try several times before you can actually connect to a server. Once you do though, it's pretty damn hard to stop.

There was a minecraft mod that introduced guns, spawns, etc. I'll check this out when I get home.

I'd rather see a seige mod though. Couple of hours to build a fortress, place cannons, fortications, etc and when the "build" phase is over, enable the weapons. The amount of players needed though would be a bit of an issue.

Craigs said:

...and of course you shoot the shit out of anyone who's a different color than you.

You racist bastard.

On a serious note, sounds interesting. Will have to check this out.

Welp. That went down the shitter fast. People found out ways to hack the game and now most servers have around 4 or 5 people running around with invulnerability or speed hacks. Such is early betas I guess

Technician said:

So it's like playing on ZDaemon?

Other than Zdaemon never really being that great to begin with, yeah.

Despite the hackers, which I really haven't encountered yet, this is lots of fun :)

Seems pretty difficult to build lasting structures though - mine keep falling down :(

Just saw someone named Myk on a server...hmm

It will be nice when there's some more user-interface stuff implemented. I prefer inverted mouse.

magicsofa said:

Despite the hackers, which I really haven't encountered yet, this is lots of fun :)

Seems pretty difficult to build lasting structures though - mine keep falling down :(

Heh, I usually just go with trenches and fox holes. In my experience they tend to be a lot more effective than towers since snipers are constantly watching the windows of them (doesn't help that teammates usually try to make them as colorful as possible so they stand out).

I've joined a lot of servers where the players weren't even going for the intel but were instead trying to secure as much of the map as possible and taking over and destroying eachother's fortifications instead. I actually found that even more fun than just trying to capture the intel.

Also the main issues with the hacking so far from what I understand is that health, ammo, and grenades are all done clientside making it easy to set the values for them as high as you want. So hopefully the hacking issues will go down considerably once the developer's made it so those are handled server side instead.

anti-cheat and votekick update...quite a breath of fresh air

although, I did see someone blow up an entire mountain, which was pretty amusing

Every time I click, I get a popup saying "Could not connect to Server". Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Mr. Freeze said:

Every time I click, I get a popup saying "Could not connect to Server". Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Nah, connections are just shit right now. You just have to keep trying.

anti-cheat and votekick update...quite a breath of fresh air

Looks like he had to revert back though

Craigs said:

Looks like he had to revert back though

Lol yeah...there was this bug where people would have random characters in their name. I'm sure there were some other issues but I don't know what

Came back from playing a few games.

- The sway when you turn is insane. Seriously.
- Ironsights don't always work.
- Jump height makes climbing any hill a major pain in the ass.
- I sometimes spawn outside the map or like 30 feet above the ground, starting me off with only 65 health.
- More weapons plz.

That aside, it's really fun. I'm keeping my eye out for new updates.

Mr. Freeze said:

Came back from playing a few games.

- The sway when you turn is insane. Seriously.
- Ironsights don't always work.
- Jump height makes climbing any hill a major pain in the ass.
- I sometimes spawn outside the map or like 30 feet above the ground, starting me off with only 65 health.
- More weapons plz.

That aside, it's really fun. I'm keeping my eye out for new updates.

I was looking over the changelog and it looks like he did reduce the sway in one of the versions that came after .22. You do get used to it after a while though anyway. Besides, it's kind of hilarious when your character starts tripping balls just from looking down. Also I love you for not whining about getting headshotted by several people you couldn't see. CoD fags seem to cry over that alot.

Craigs said:

Also I love you for not whining about getting headshotted by several people you couldn't see. CoD fags seem to cry over that alot.

But what will Huy think?!

Jokes aside, I'm never PO'd about stuff like that. It just means that I need to keep my dude's head down. Or tunnel more.

As for the fog of war...I hope it stays the same throughout the coming updates. The ability to adjust it would give people with higher-end computers a ridiculous advantage over guys like me. And on that note: Say NO to the inclusion of sniper rifles.

As for the fog of war...I hope it stays the same throughout the coming updates. The ability to adjust it would give people with higher-end computers a ridiculous advantage over guys like me. And on that note: Say NO to the inclusion of sniper rifles. [/B]

Sniper rifles would *******ely be a bad idea and kind of unnecessay to be honest. If they were added people would probably just camp in foxholes all day.