Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Post your favourite instrumental music here! [or anything without vocals]

EDIT: Actually this kind of does have lyrics. A robot-like text-to-speech "singer" was added to this track when they unveiled this album live for the first time.
Spoiler

THIS IS SURELY THE END. THERE IS NO NEED TO WISH UPON A STAR TO TAKE US AWAY.

WE MAY OR MAY NOT BE THE INVADERS, BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE. WE WILL NOT BE DESTROYED.

THIS IS WAR. THIS IS LOVE. THIS IS IT. THIS IS NO SIMULATION. THERE IS NOTHING TO STRENGTHEN YOUR RESOLVE.

WE ARE NOT HAPPY-GO-LUCKY. ALMOST RELIGIOUS IN A STATE OF CONSCIOUSNESS.

THIS IS NOT MERELY A TEST. LET'S BE VICTORIOUS. LET'S BEGIN.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE ARE TRANSMITTING LIVE TO PLANET EARTH SOMEHOW OVER THE INTERNETS. WE ARE PENDULUM. AND THIS. IS. IMMERSION.

j4rio said:

Make sure to have this song played in the background while dooming (while speedrun attempts especially), it's got quite a charming effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

lol at this song, who's that guy in the video?

lol listening to this song while speedrunning is epic! But listening to E3M8 "Facing the spider" even give you a feeling that a map should be finished fast. Just like plutonia map12, very hard map but the name and music suggested, use high speed to finish the map!

one of my favorites it is jam packed with tons of awesome guitar work and is longer then the one that was officially released.

Damn it, it's always very hard to pinpoint what my favorite music is. I'll try to give an idea, but by no means is it a complete picture, skewed especially because I've been listening mostly to electronic/dance music. Thanks for posting the Aphex Twin songs, those are two of my favorites of his, so that spared me the work! Also, Mogwai.

So, here are my selections:

Plaid - Ralome - Plaid are my favorite band that I've always had heard about, but never had the patience to get to know until broadband and paychecks. This song is 12 years old, from a time I was getting to know Warp Records, techno, etc. Needless to say, I was completely awestruck by how awesome their work is and by how much I was missing all along.

Oneohtrix Point Never - Ouroboros - The shortest yet most poignant song from one of my favorite albums of last year, Returnal. You have to check this out if you're into drone or ambient music.

Burial - Stolen Dog - Like basically all of Burial's work, this song's sonic palette is absurdly effective. But this time he was set to compose a more emotional piece than usual. I wouldn't think it possible, given Burial's standards. But this is complete ear honey, so awesome to listen to, it can physically disable me sometimes. No joke. You might not like dubstep (which admittedly Burial is), but if you consider yourself a music fan at all you owe it to yourself to listen to his work.

Clark - Future Daniel - Another fucking genius signed to Warp Records, he has one of my favorite songs ever here with Future Daniel. It's one of the most structured and thus straight—to—the-point uplifting songs I know. Maybe it's not that great, but it communicates with me in a very special manner.

Fuck Buttons - Surf Solar - Space Rock Techno to send you flying over to the antipodes.

ISAN - Cathart - Such a simple and poignant song. I realized recently I got to know this song by listening to it first in a very disrespectful application - a tech-house mix. Heh.

Sigur Rós - Untitled #3/Samskeyti - One day I decided I had to get to know ( ) (the album this one comes from). It's a difficult record to listen to because of songs like this one. It simply overwhelms you with the journey it takes you on, even though it's basically the same basic theme repeated and varied upon over and over. Listening to this on the trip to work during the only snowfall I have ever witnessed in my life - one of those moments that brings tears to your eyes out of sheer amazement and an inner peace you're unsure you have.

That's all for now, I have to work.

cbronson said:

Someone posted Yanni before, I found out it's pretty good for mapping:

i could do yoga to this.

here's mine:

lupinx-Kassman said:

And pretty much any .mod by necros could go here, but this one is probably my favorite:
[/B]

Know any other musicians like this style? From what I can tell in his mod archive he made some of the unreal soundtrack, which I love to death.

Speaking of which..

Decided to post a few I found pretty good.

Alice in Chains - Whale and Wasp

Death - Cosmic Sea

Blotted Science - Synaptic Plasticity