Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ed

Thrust

Anyone remember the old mod, Thrust? DarkFang and co were working on it sometime around 1998-99, you know, back when DW looked like this There was a public beta, a remake of Q2 Base1. I remember there were some features in the engine that even to this day I haven't seen replicated. The spectre effect as a wall texture for instance. Does it still exist somewhere on the internet, or is it dust in the wind?

I remember it. Wasn't there some type of lizard thing that was your ally? I also vaguely remember a railgun weapon with an absurd number of frames. Ah, the good ole' days when every mod had to have it's own custom executable...

I certainly don't have it anymore. I would be sad if it's lost; feels like a part of history (albeit a very insignificant one) vanished.

EDIT: Amazingly, the homepage is still around. There's a link on the News page to a "THRUST prebeta version 0.24" but the link is dead. Apparently the files were hosted here on Doomworld? I don't see Thrust under the abandoned projects, though.