Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
samusaran253

Please fill out my socio-political survey!

What, no Discordianism or Church of The SubGenious choices for religion? ;^)

Edit: Finished. That was an incredibly long survey. Any reason for its length?

Jonathanland should be an internationally recognized country?
Jonathanism should be recognized as a religion?

What?

Finished. Not a bad survey. I'm not much into politics, but I think I knew about half of what you mentioned XP

That was the least fulfilling survey that I've filled out in years. Whether it was the length, the US-centricism, or the poor quality of the questions themselves, I can't say.

In the question about adults being able to have sex with whoever they want, does that include children?

Processingcontrol said:

In the question about adults being able to have sex with whoever they want, does that include children?

I think this falls under the child labor laws or something of the sort. Depends on the country in which one lives. I prefer coconuts.

After a while it becomes painfully clear that the questions are being asked by someone who is quite immature, with a very limited focus.

If I had to say something positive about this survey, then I suppose at least it isn't subtle in its bias.

samusaran253 said:

I wanted to cover just about every issue in today's society.

ROFL No. Not possible. Try again when you have a worldview bigger than whatever American suburb you inhabit. There really are a lot of terrible questions on there.

samusaran253 said:

I wanted to cover just about every issue in today's society.

I'm not sure that's possible, and it felt like a lot of questions covered the same small set of issues, just from different angles. Also, not only do different societies have different issues, but different people have different sets of issues that are important to them.

Maybe label/title the survey differently to specifically say it's America-centric, or take certain issues and try to generalize them to make them more accessible to multiple cultures. Basically, if you want this less American-centric, de-Americanize it. Also, maybe add a question for "what region of the world are you from?" or something like that so you can look at your data in a different way.

Technician said:

Too long.

A lot of the questions were biased or retarded too, so I just answered neutral on them.

Processingcontrol said:

I voted "strongly disagree" for that reason.

There was another question that I also found ambiguous, which proposed that "the candidate who gets the most popular votes should win an election". I think this may have been asking about proportional representation (which I'm strongly in favour of) but it could also be interpreted as asking whether I'm in favour of a first-past-the-post voting system (which I'm strongly against). I voted strongly against because I can't agree with all the implications of the statement.

Yes they are, unless you're being pedantic and calling them "brightness levels" (not even colors!).

Partition36 said:

America-centric,

Lol what? Even though some questions talked about States, or wars waged by US, everything else is little different from other democratic states.

printz said:

Lol what? Even though some questions talked about States, or wars waged by US, everything else is little different from other democratic states.

Even if some of the questions can be applied to non-US issues, it's unfair to ask the reader to answer them if they're not completely clued up about what they specifically refer to.

The immigration problem in the UK may be quite different in facts and figures from the US/Mexico border debate. Saying "I agree" or "I disagree" or "I don't have a clue" doesn't accurately reflect what they might respond with if they knew the said facts and figures.

tl;dr: some knowledge of US politics is required to contribute to this survey

13. Only people who choose universal healthcare over privatized healthcare should have to pay higher taxes
i'm not sure what that means. in european systems it's usually the other way around and i'd have to google some articles about current healthcare topics in america to fully understand your inquiry.

17. A corporations sole purpose is to generate profit
umm... you drop such an abstract topic in the middle of a slew of typical referendum questions (marijuana, guns, stem cells, abortions, etc). it disrupts the, um, pace. stack similar topics properly.

23. Eugenics research should be allowed
this is horribly tacked on. don't invent issues where there are none just to have more questions. you even twist the wording after all the "...should be outlawed", i wouldn't be surprised if you got accidental "racist" answers, heh.

32. Gun laws are too strict
dude... how exactly do you expect to interpret results for this one? people from different states/countries are answering, that means vastly different legislations, not just political views.

35. We should have a completely open border
uh, we already do, because my country is surrounded by other schengen area countries. phrase it tighter. the topic seems to be immigration, so why not use the word itself?

37. The government should force all car manufacturers to make environmentally friendly vehicles
um, would taxation of exhaust-gas emissions count as forcing or just incentive? quite vague as you can see.

38. Evolution should be taught in schools
i know this is actually an issue in america, but europeans will just point at this and sneer.

53. Parents should be allowed to shove their religion down their children's throats
um, biased much? phrase it as "Parents should be allowed to teach their religion to their children" or something. this is just a hilarious jab at the fundies.

58. It is necessary for the government to ban certain weapons (fully automatic guns, RPGs, claymores, etc.).
anti-personnel land mines actually deserve their own question, seeing as most of the democratic world bans them entirely - except warring super powers (usa, russia, israel).

76. A peaceful and just all-powerful monarch is better than a corrupt and tyranical legislature
huh.. is a benign cancer tumour better than a failing organ? why would i even want to answer this?

82. The Constitution should apply to teenagers
what?

100... 120... 150... zzzzzzzzzzz... WAY too much questions, often very similar or superficial non-issues.

dew said:

82. The Constitution should apply to teenagers
what?

The US constitution guarantees various rights to its citizens, but these rights are allowed to be violated in some cases in the case of minors.

wait...it goes into the hundreds?

no way I'm doing this... I have a special place in my heart for stupid surveys, but this one is too stupid

printz said:

Yes they are, unless you're being pedantic and calling them "brightness levels" (not even colors!).

I'd actually love to see a survey that asks you to choose your approximate brightness level (on a 0-255 scale of course)

I'm severely disappointed that Unitarian Universalism wasn't a choice for religion, especially considering other options were smaller, lesser-known religions. :(

The rest of the survey was rather mediocre.

The Callithumpians don't rate a mention either and since when has Anarchy been a system of government?