Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alphawolf

If you could have one superpower what would it be?

Examples:

Flight
Super strength
Invisibility
Super Speed
Ultra Intelligence
Mind reading
Telekinesis
Teleportation
Power penis

Anything...

The ability to perfectly manage my time without getting distracted for a moment until all my work is done. I'm quite sure that requires super powers.

StupidBunny said:

The ability to perfectly manage my time without getting distracted for a moment until all my work is done. I'm quite sure that requires super powers.

This, probably. I'm completely happy with my life in all aspects aside from money. I don't think making money really counts as a super-power.

The ability to succeed in life. Don't want to put a downer on the thread, but that's the super power I would need to get me from where I am now to where I want to be.

The ability that when I use Google Street View and click on a viewpoint location, I get teleported there. I had a recurring dream about this actually and I thought it very plausible, having a hard time realizing it was just a dream when I woke up. I think this is the next technological step for humanity, or at least we're going asymptotically there, what with the Internet and all.

Another thing that I'd like? Immortality. Yeah. I don't care that people die before me. The fact that I could do anything without dying far outweighs any emotional problems. Only the beginning would be hard, because I'd have to learn all manner of science and medicine to be able to engineer my body, fake my death, build new tissues, so that nobody suspects. Solving that (admittedly difficult) problem, I can always assume a fresh new identity and make new friends, so there goes the emotional issue.

The ability to restrain myself from spending unnecessary amounts of money on shit I don't need.

printz said:

Another thing that I'd like? Immortality. Yeah. I don't care that people die before me. The fact that I could do anything without dying far outweighs any emotional problems. Only the beginning would be hard, because I'd have to learn all manner of science and medicine to be able to engineer my body, fake my death, build new tissues, so that nobody suspects. Solving that (admittedly difficult) problem, I can always assume a fresh new identity and make new friends, so there goes the emotional issue.

What happens if you get maimed? Something the Highlander movies never got round to addressing.

I'd have Taskmaster's superpower: Photographic Reflexes. AKA the ability to perfectly duplicate any physical motion just from a single observation. After a single year, I'd be the pinnacle of humankind. After two, I'd be a living singularity. Of course, this would be without the supervillany.

Easy: Telekinesis. I'm not looking to be all powerful, I just wanna be able to grab the remote without getting up.

Mr. Freeze said:

After two, I'd be a living singularity.

You'd be living alone.

As follows:

1. Adopt the guise of The Phantom Ethicist, and possess the power to instantly bestow upon any target flawed ethics from or prior to the 19th century, leaving their minds able to comprehend the stupidity of their actions but unable to do anything about it.
    2. Create the respective Phantom Ethicist costume, comprising multicoloured dreadlocks, the Thursday dry-cleaning from a stockbroker’s wardrobe, and a felt tip pen.
    3. Find Superman.
    4. Bestow upon him the traits of solipsism.
    5. Watch as his ratings plummet.
    6. Cackle like a madman and quaff down a gallon of Irish wine.
Alternatively:
    1. Manifest all fictional superheroes and villains with full capability and poor ethics such that nobody would mind my attempting to beat their cape-totting egomaniacal legacies into annihilation.
    2. Defeat every last one of these heroes over an impossibly long span of time using a combination of inexhaustible reincarnation and inferior street fighting skills. This will probably make them really, really angry, and much fun will be had in the process of their demise.
Finally, if we want to be modest about this:
  • The ability to instantly tie shoelaces together.
  • The ability to summon Charlie Brooker from anywhere in the substantial universe to battle general ignorance and societal stupidity.
  • The ability to instantly create a new season of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace whenever and wherever I like.

I just want a new spine. Mine is broken.

How much is this gonna cost? I've only got eight bucks on me.

...and a jar of pennies. Do you accept Paypal?

To have the wit and resources to build a giant dangerous fortress with kick-ass music blaring in all of the halls. Basically be a rip off of Dr. Wily/Robotnik.

The ability to turn my cock into various deadly weapons such as maces, shotguns, and swords

Amalgamation/assimilation. Then you could be/have anything you want! And in turns, be unstoppable/untraceable.

Load/save IRL works too. Imagine the fun you can have with that...

samusaran253 said:

United States

China. It can buy the United States whenever it wants, while flooding the world market with cheap products.

Super eyes with a zoom function and "detective mode" like in Arkham Asylum. It's one thing to look at someone and remember their name - it's another entirely to be able to tell their heart rate, level of emotional distress, and the brand of liquor they drank half an hour ago.