Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

R.I.P. Encyclopedia Dramatica

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The last Internet bastion of freedom of speech is done for.

Still, sites come and go. Maybe the owner got tired of it.

And nothing of value was lost.

Seriously, ED was just a breeding ground for "ANON IS LEEJUN" retards, newfags, and "SO EDGY" idiots. I got really sick and tired of seeing someone's personal info be posted there because some vindictive fuck was bored. Good riddance.

Meh, I will neither celebrate not mourn its passing. It kept some people amused but it was mostly puerile humour and not exactly informative. Its loss, just like its presence was, is a big "so what" as far as I am concerned.

It's "Back" as some other site, Oh Internet. This work friendly/heavily monitored version is just not going to be the same. Oh well.

udderdude said:

It's "Back" as some other site, Oh Internet. This work friendly/heavily monitored version is just not going to be the same. Oh well.

The humor of ED was found in it's complete savagery of anyone and everything. Unless Niggers and Jews can be slandered unbiasedly as everything else, the point is lost.

Technician said:

The humor of ED was found in it's complete savagery of anyone and everything. Unless Niggers and Jews can be slandered unbiasedly as everything else, the point is lost.

Nope. Basically they're just trying to keep it as unoffensive and child friendly as possible.

Just remember to keep all language and images "SFW".

Craigs said:

Nope. Basically they're just trying to keep it as unoffensive and child friendly as possible.

Well, that's a shame because all the lolcow articles usually have nude images of them.

NUKED

meh, 9000+ (yeah it's OVER NI... oh whatever) articles saved, it should have entirely vanished

I'm entirely sure that "archive" will be taken down soon, just enjoy the last moments of ED.

ED never struck me as being immature. Most of the articles seemed to be written by intelligent people with a sharp sense of humor. They satirized the stupidity of the internet, and for that I'm sad for the loss.

AndrewB said:

ED never struck me as being immature. Most of the articles seemed to be written by intelligent people with a sharp sense of humor. They satirized the stupidity of the internet, and for that I'm sad for the loss.

I agree entirely. I would have liked some moderation on some of the pages, however. Not censoring, but some very intelligently satirical articles were altered because some /b/ fag who doesn't understand wit would totally ruin the article with mindless attacks.

AndrewB said:

Precisely how I felt about it.

AndrewB said:

They satirized the stupidity of the internet

Unfortunately for me, all too often they satirised it so closely that it became almost indistinguishable from the stupidity they were apparently satirising.

Wikipedia:
The site celebrated a subversive "trolling culture",[5] having documented significant incidents of underground internet events such as mass organized pranks (trolling events they termed as "raids"), large scale failures of the internet infrastructure and security, and criticism of some more conservative internet communities they accused of self-censoring their own content in order to garner prestige, positive coverage and commentary from traditional and established media outlets.

HAHA OH WOW

Seriously, fuck DeGrippo. The truth about what's going on here is pretty obvious. He's ditching the fans for what he presumes to be a larger audience for the sake of raking in more cash.

Enjay said:

Unfortunately for me, all too often they satirised it so closely that it became almost indistinguishable from the stupidity they were apparently satirising.

My thoughts exactly. There were certainly some funny bits on there but the idea of it being "written by intelligent people with a sharp sense of humor" seems almost laughable. Practically half the site basically amounted to endless repetition of the same tired in-jokes and memes.

My reaction to this news basically amounts to "meh". I'm certainly not going to be mourning its disappearance.

The Fred Phelps, Arudo Debito and Jennifer Diane Reitz articles were vaguely amusing and probably had a grounding in truth before people decided to stick in /b/ memes for no reason (like replacing every big number with "Over 9000"). It's speed was not amusing, mind you, so I didn't go there much.

j4rio said:

NUKED

meh, 9000+ (yeah it's OVER NI... oh whatever) articles saved, it should have entirely vanished

Jeez, that was quick. Some rumors saying ED will make an official comeback. They're most likely all lies, though.

BurningCadavre said:

Google it.

Or I could just find out the hard way.

j4rio said:

Why nuked (the new alleged ED site)? Did it link to warez, to malware? Or was it just the NSFW nature of some of ED's articles that made it nuclear-prone? (the title page is a bit okay regarding work safety)

AndrewB said:

I think it's a loss because I'm not particularly happy when audacious articles get burned away. While I'm fairly optimistic in the general scale of conspiracy theory, I admit I do feel that bold (even if stupid bold) texts get gradually erased away. I'm generally a calm guy who rarely swears, but I like to be exposed to vulgar crap when I want to.