Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tango

Looking for some old wads I can't remember names for [solved]

I recall going through a phase of obsession with the works of a particular mapper from either the late 90s or early 00s. I think, I THINK, something was mentioned of his wads in the Cacowards or any of the best-of pages, but I looked through all of those and couldn't find anything, though perhaps I just missed it.

iirc, the writeup praised the author's excellence in making large, interconnected architecture, and I believe one of his most prominent works was very brick/metal oriented. Another map took place on a big moonbase, and the sky was a blue space with large white asteroids. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

In fact, the maps reminded me a lot of the maps made by one of the community's more recent members... he made something called Onira? Something like that. Only I know that isn't it because I searched around for that and got nothing. The palette had been modified to a b/w + red. Anyway, whoever this was had a similar mapping style to the guy I'm trying to think of.

Surely someone knows who I'm talking about?

Grazza: I love you man. Michael Krause was on the tip of my tongue.

Worst: Ya that. I feel silly for not having guessed that. Thanks.

essel:

Michael was awesome mapper. He had a bad habit of giving strange names to his maps though. "I love you"? "I pray for you"? Oh, come on.

My favorite map from him is 'A hell day'. I even recorded crappy UV-Max for it: http://doomedsda.us/wad1666.html