Where should the meet-up be?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the meet-up be?

• US Central
    • US Mountains
    • US East Coast
    • US West Coast
    • A terrible idea overall

I have an idea that I'm sharing with a few of the communities I go to, basically the idea is that a bunch of us members would get together in real life at a park and go camping together. I actually got the idea from Facepunch's annual British camping trip, so I figured we should have an American one here. If the camping trip goes well and we get enough people, perhaps people in other countries will have meet-ups too, and we'll have our Japanese members get together some place in Japan or our Nigerien members get to together in Niger, or our Canadian members get together in Canada, so on and so forth. It would be great, we could all get to know each other better in real life and just hang out around a camp fire talking and what-not.

We could even do some stuff together, like go fishing or some of us could bring a bunch of laser tag equipment for everyone to use (probably Laser Tag: Team Ops). We could also go hiking together or for those of us who are gun owners, we could go to a gun shooting range or something like that. Perhaps we could even have a contest to see who can barbeque the best, or something like that. I'm open to ideas, and of course you're all welcome to do whatever you please so long as it's within the meet-ups rules, which are below. This isn't a for sure thing, nor is this even the official thread for the meet-up, should we choose to have one. This is just seeing what people think of the idea. If enough people like the idea, then I'll post an official meet-up thread where people can announce if they are coming or not. So, what do you think of my meet-up idea? And would you like to attend it if you could?

RULES
-You must follow all federal, state, and local laws, as well as any rules the park may have.
-You must be at least 13 or older to attend the meet-up.
-You must respect all members at the meet-up, even if you don't like a certain member.
-No littering, if you have trash, dispose of it properly, or better yet, recycle it.
-No elitism, you are no better than any other member.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I take my girlfriend/boyfriend with me?
A: Yes, if you want to.

Q: Can I take some friends with me?
A: You can take 1 or 2 people with you, but now more than that since this is meant for the members of the forum.

Q: Why can't kids 12 or younger come?
A: This is a meet-up for teenagers and adults.

Q: Who would host the meet-up?
A: I will.

Q: Can I bring alcohol or tobacco?
A: Yes, but do not distribute them to anyone under the age of 18.

Q: If I do something stupid on the camping trip, will I be banned on the forums?
A: No, unless you do something illegal like start stalking a member or try to physically harm another member.

Q: Where would we be having this meet-up?
A: That has yet to be decided, though likely somewhere in the central United States.

Q: Can I bring my gun(s)?
A: Yes, but please be careful and be sure to follow all gun safety guidelines.

Q: I'm a girl, what if a creepy forever alone guy won't leave me alone?
A: Kick him in the balls.

Q: Do I have to sleep in a tent?
A: Not if you don't want to. Feel free to sleep under the stars or in your car if that's what you want.

Q: Can I bring my RV?
A: If the park allows RV camping, sure.

Q: What if someone steals my stuff?
A: Tell me about it and/or contact the police.

Q: If something bad happens to me, can I sue the forum staff or you?
A: No, the meet-up is unaffiliated with the forums and solely run by me, and you can't sue me either since I am not legally responsible for you, if you get mauled by a bear, that's on you. However should another forum member be directly (or indirectly) responsible for putting you in harm's way, and you feel the need to take legal action, then you are well within your right to do so.

Q: Will it just be our community camping or will people from other forums be there too?
A: Just us.

Q: Will transport be provided for me or will I have to come here myself?
A: You'll have to come here yourself, though if some members want to carpool and pick each other up on the way to the campsite, then by all means, do so.

Q: I don't live within the United States, can I still come?
A: Of course, but you'll have to pay for your own transportation just like everyone else.

Q: I'm scared of the outdoors, can I hang out with you guys outside, but sleep at a hotel?
A: Sure, if that's what you want.

Q: Do I have to do what everyone else does and go where they go?
A: No, you're a human being with free will, do whatever you want, but it would be nice if you joined the rest of us.

Q: Can my parents/guardians come?
A: No, unless they are members of the forum, but even then, no.

Q: Can I bring someone who is under the age of 13 to the meet-up?
A: No.

Q: I'm currently 12, but will be 13 by the time you guys we all go camping, can I sign up now?
A: Yes.

Q: Will supplies and tents be provided, or will I have to bring my own?
A: You'll have to bring your own, though some members may decide to share supplies and bring stuff for other people.

I hate camping with a vengeance. And I'm Canadian. And I don't really have the spare time to piss away a weekend with (mostly) people I've never met.

So no.

I'm not going near any of you fuckers. Except Hellbent and Magicsofa, and they're a fucking hour away.

If it was some huge LAN and hosted by one of our respectable long-term members, only then would I consider going. But camping? What the hell, man. I'd wanna play some Doom.

I can't even stay away from this thread. Do any of you guys ever wonder how it's even possible for some people to be so naive.

samusaran253 said:

Why won't it?

My mother told me not to meet strangers in real-life that had I met online.

Krispavera said:

After this thread I think a camping trip with you people would just be really weird.

But that's the point of this meetup- if all of us male virgins get together, maybe we can at least have sex with eachother.

gggmork said:

But that's the point of this meetup- if all of us male virgins get together, maybe we can at least have sex with eachother.

It's only gay if balls touch.

Not a bad idea, but I can't see it happening without a LAN party.

samusaran253 said:

Q: If I do something stupid on the camping trip, will I be banned on the forums?
A: No, unless you do something illegal like start stalking a member or try to physically harm another member.

That's not for you to decide.

gggmork said:

Technician said:

It's only gay if balls touch.

Yeah no camping, Pitch your tents at home!.

I wouldn't mind meeting some of y'all though. LAN party would be awesome!

Male virgins! your welcome. your camping trip can be everything and more :)

(quoted from urban dictionary)
SLICK LEGGING: The process in which one male applies a lubricant between his thighs, and another male proceeds to insert his WEEWEE, thereby allowing two men to emulate sexual intercourse without actually performing a gay act. Typically found in deep rural areas.

"There were no women on the camping trip, so gggmork and Technician had to resort to slick legging."

Hey you don't have to do all that pseudo gay shit, there are plenty of animals in the wilderness! :P

If we go camping, we could play nekkid paintball deathmatch. Then get drunk, roast marshmallows and play Dungeons & Dragons all night around the campfire.

Actually although I like camping, I can't stand the mosquitoes. Those little bastards seem to love me for some reason... Probably the only place I could manage is the SW desert (like southern AZ), but that's a really long drive for me.

Maybe a better idea is a Doom mod where everyone goes camping and plays NPD, etc.

Given that this mega-event obviously isn't going to happen, this thread's continued existence would only lead to further discussion of gay sex and bestiality.

But at least the word Nigerien has been introduced to the DW forums.