Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraboy94

Anyone have a collection of games?

I used to have hundreds of PC and console games and game related items. I sold most of it off years ago.

Megalyth said:

I used to have hundreds of PC and console games and game related items. I sold most of it off years ago.

Same. Not including a handsome inventory of emulators and games which I just deleted eventually. Stuff which isn't played with/looked at/watched on my system regularly gets deleted.

Only really have PC games.

A quick count of the ones I own leaves me at something about and around 100 games.

Thanks to steam I never need to buy another hard copy of a PC game again, of course that means that bragging about my collection is harder but it also means more storage space in my house

Foodles said:

Thanks to steam I never need to buy another hard copy of a PC game again, of course that means that bragging about my collection is harder but it also means more storage space in my house

Actually it's much easier to brag. Just link people to your games collection:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/danarchy84/games?tab=all

I also have like 50-75 hard copy PC games and about 2 dozen console games of various types (mostly N64, GBA, and DS games).

It's hard to say what are "my games" as a lot of the ones I play are actually my dad's or are shared among the family. I have a pretty small number of games on my computer here and most of them are small MS-DOS titles, roguelikes, and other games like that. The NES games are the only ones that I'm really collecting on my own, and as it is I only have 10. We also have about 16 Dreamcast games and perhaps a few dozen 360 games.

Including TV games I think over my lifetime my brother and I collected over 800 easy. But most of the games are by now either lost, stolen by our last maid, stolen by "friends", or sold. I don't buy much anymore, I don't wanna spend 70$ on a piece of crap with no replay value so I'm very picky now. And yes games are pretty expensive here.

Mostly just buying shit like Hell to Pay, and re-buying Final DooM boxed edition.

I got a small collection of games, not that I'm collecting games. I'm just too lazy to sell them. I currently have a bunch of PSX/PS2/Xbox/Pc/Nes/Atari Jaguar games lying around.

The funny thing is I've had a Nintendo DS for several years and hardly bought any games. Most of the stuff I have is homebrew or emulators for 8/16 bit consoles, because those had much better games IMO. I'm not into all the Pokemon stuff, Harvest Moon (Farmville type games), licenced IP, or other weird stuff. You know how hard it is to find a decent straight-up 2D platform game (Sonic/Mario style) these days? Or an old school RPG (no anime, please I've had all I can take of that...)

Some with computers. Only bought a tiny fraction of PC games compared to the old days when I had an Amiga, and various 8 bit systems. But here it's because there's simply not much choice other than homebrew if you're not running Windows, OS/X. Heck even Linux has more stuff for it than other alternative OS.

So at the end of the day, 99% of my collection is free homebrew games and 8/16 bit console stuff (emulated).

I hardly own any games at all. I bought the id Super Pack on Steam when it was half-off, but aside from that all I have is some ancient gifts and hand-me-downs (Warcraft I and II, Theme Hospital, Duke 3D, Frogger 3D, etc.) and a few equally ancient bargain bin grabs (Heretic II, 7th Guest, some Zork stuff). Most of the games I've been playing lately are borrowed - as in, I've been borrowing physical copies of games from a physical human being; I'm not pirating much software these days.

PC games I actually ponied up for and bought lmao:

Doom 2
Space Quest 6
The Reap
Serious Sam
Half-Life
CS:CZ <~ crappiest game ever
Vice City
Call of Duty (1!)
Doom 3
HL 2
GTA: San Andreas
Battlefield Vietnam
Battlefield 1942
Crysis 2

Then about 10 games each for N64 and PS2. I'm hardcore biatch

I'm still adding to my Commodore 64 and Amiga game collections, both of which run to several hundred titles. My much smaller PC collection is mostly MS-Dos to Win98 games plus the odd updated title from Good Old Games, apart from a few indie titles I just can't muster the enthusiasm required to buy new games - a 20 to 30-year old RPG/strategy/adventure game does a better job of holding my interest, crap graphics and all.

GreyGhost said:

apart from a few indie titles I just can't muster the enthusiasm required to buy new games - a 20 to 30-year old RPG/strategy/adventure game does a better job of holding my interest, crap graphics and all.

Amen to that.

About 50 each for my N64 and SNES. Around 25 for my Sega Saturn and PSX. 20 for my 3DO, Gamecube and PS2. And about 10 PC games. Yup, I don't believe in emulators.

Megamur said:

I've wasted my life.

Agreed :)

I have 246 games ranging from NES, SNES, N64, GC, PSX, 360, Wii, PS3 and DS. I have a Sega with Sega CD but nothing to play on it.

I have a Modded Xbox too. I play doom on it all the time with the Odamex xbox port. I'm in the process of playing Plutonia Revisited on it.

I'm a big collector of video games; I've got over 2500 across PC and several consoles.

I'd wager most people who play games have a collection of them. Not everybody here plays only Doom. :)

To be more on topic, I'll give a shot at filling out a collection form when I get around to looking at all the ones I've got.

Xeros612 said:

Not everybody here plays only Doom. :)

Yes, but I'm starting to think I should. :)

I collect old obscure games today's society has never heard of.

And the SW: Battlefront Games, and I consider my game 'collection' to be more of a mini-diverse-mostly FPS-Library.

Heh - strange as it may seem, many of the more collectible game titles are obscure crap that practically no-one liked.