Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Megamur

Message [blank] the Arch-Vile

Does anyone know what the real, true name of D_MESSAG, the music for DOOM II's MAP20, is? I've seen it listed as "Message For the Arch-Vile," "Message From the Arch-Vile" and even "Message of the Arch-Vile." Which is it?

I've always taken it to be Message For the Arch-vile, and can't recall seeing it as anything else. That's also what the Doom wiki calls it, so that's something.

I think it's "for" because "Message from the Arch-Vile" doesn't sound good for some reason.

I believe it is "Message for the Arch-Vile" according to the Doom wiki.

"For" certainly sounds more intimidating. I know I'd hate to have to deliver bad news to anyone capable of summoning bonfires and resurrecting my corpse just to do it again for kicks. Delivering messages "from" them however would probably make you feel just that little bit more invincible.

Just in case you were wondering "how" to properly deliver a message to a malignant ruler or diabolical magician, however, here's part of a rather old sketch from about 20 years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94o-D2_k5ew&t=2m8s

Vaporizer said:

From makes sense. The message from the archy could be it's laughter, messaging you that it is near. As for your message for archvile? SSG shot in the face.

none of those messages sound very pleasant.