Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phobosdeimos1

Support2 REALIGNED

Hi everyone, after a long time having to align support2, I had a fiddle with my gimp (LOL),

and after a stressful and hard process, through trial and error and a great discovery with a near-unmisalignable texture I made,

I've created a support2 version,

the purpose of this is that it fits to a 32 grid instead of having to zoom in and make a 24 line, and it also seems to align to nearly any wall you put it on without having to realign it to 0

I was going to save it just for me but i thought I'd share it as it's a big time saver for addicts of using support2 to border textures

Here's the imageshack link, let me know if you have any tips as to where to upload it or if you need me to send it directly

Callum

P.S: YOU MUST USE IT AS THIS 128/128 graphic, if you don't it won't work, also, I've been using it in my vanilla WAD as a replacement for unused ZZWOLF textures.

http://img199.imageshack.us/i/bigsup.png/

EDIT: seems to work fine with 16, 32 and 64 length lines, unless you manually misalign it, it nearly always comes out good

let me know if you like it and i'll do the same with SUPPORT3 as it was a suprisingly tough process getting it perfectly aligned

Wow there couldn't have been better timing. I got a map I could use this a few times in.

I was trying to use the standard SUPPORT2 but it just doesn't line up how I want it to.

Nice job. I recall somebody posting 32 unit versions of the support textures a while back (possibly on the ZDoom forums), but I can't find them right now.

Mithran Denizen said:

Nice job. I recall somebody posting 32 unit versions of the support textures a while back (possibly on the ZDoom forums), but I can't find them right now.

Thanks man, yeah I previously did that but i'd still always have to change the alignment to 0 on that, this differs slightly because of where it's placed as you can see, it took some really accurate measuring but it seems to look aligned on all the most common X-offsets that occur in doombuilder

That looks like a hi-res texture, doesn't it GreyGhost?

Nice job phobosdeimos1!

64x128 is totally high res, of course.

And I've always thought that SUPPORT2 was meant for these diagonal linedefs, that have lengths of 23, 45 or some such.

Yeah, I limit my SUPPORTx usage to diagonal lines, or to the occasional 24-unit line elsewhere. I think the square patterns here look stupid when they're tiled horizontally anyway, so anything longer than that usually deserves to be removed or revised.

I imagine some people would find stuff like this useful, though.

Mithran Denizen said:

Yeah, I limit my SUPPORTx usage to diagonal lines, or to the occasional 24-unit line elsewhere.

Yeah but Id Software wasn't shamed about offsetting it by 24 so it fit on 16-unit lines.