Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathevokatioN

This is just sickening...

Gez said:

"We're a religious community here. We can't imagine committing things as horrible as burning people we don't like, without even the decorum of a proper stake."

(thinking of aztec human sacrifice for gods etc) "It is man's intelligence that makes him so often behave more stupidly than the beasts. ... Man is impelled to invent theories to account for what happens in the world. Unfortunately, he is not quite intelligent enough, in most cases, to find correct explanations. So that when he acts on his theories, he behaves very often like a lunatic. Thus, no animal is clever enough, when there is a drought, to imagine that the rain is being withheld by evil spirits, or as punishment for its transgressions. Therefore you never see animals going through the absurd and often horrible fooleries of magic and religion ... It is the price he has to pay for being intelligent but not, as yet, intelligent enough." -Aldous Huxley

I'm completely against doing evil to anyone as punishment for doing evil, and the us prison system seems quite evil; almost like a corporation pumping out gang members for profitable future arrests. And with all the 'reality' type shows about prison, I wonder about the profitability from that angle as well. I mean come on.. the prisoners have shanks.. but the us has nuclear weapons.. so who should be in control? Yet the prisoners seem to be, forming racial gangs that are a major focal point of overall activity, raping, killing etc instead of there existing any sort of sane rehabilitation, maybe by design. I'd say gang members on the outside even think of prison as some sort of coming of age desirability because it makes you look hard having gone there or something. For that reason I think there should be no weight lifting and meals should be adequate but minimal. This would cause prisoners to become skinny rather than buffing up, probably a major deterrent by downgrading their primitive meat offensive rather than upgrading. Also they should be completely isolated and anonymous from eachother, so there's no peer pressure to join a gang and no danger of being raped etc. They should be led by example and treated compassionately regardless of what they did to choke off any pointless neverending cycle of retaliation and importantly, provided any non-fiction reading material they desire and gently nudged and helped into reading because I think intelligence/knowledge tends to make people more compassionate somehow. Those with mental disorders like schizophrenia probably need more specific care.

Isn't that what us bloodthirsty Americans get off on? Details details details. THE BONE PROTRUDING THROUGH THE SOCKET THAT GUSHED WITH BLOOD!

Enjay said:

I agree entirely. That is a very badly written article. It's appalling. Who is responsible for training journalists these day?

Seriously, I stopped reading it after:

"But it was a date with death."

That sounds like something Vegeta would say before getting his ass kicked. Really middle-school level talent, there. Oddly enough, as a University of Missouri attendee, which is famous for its journalism school, I can tell you that most of the students are of really low talent. I'm not surprised when I read a shoddy newspaper article anymore.

I'm surprised no one's tried to blame Marilyn Manson for this yet, considering they were from a Christian neighborhood.

Cyanosis said:

Isn't that what us bloodthirsty Americans get off on? Details details details. THE BONE PROTRUDING THROUGH THE SOCKET THAT GUSHED WITH BLOOD!

Are you trying to turn me on?

Does the quality of the way it's written really take precedence over the story in some people's minds?

Just curious.

Wow, that is just fucked up. The people who committed this heinous crime shouldn't even be considered human anymore. I mean, my god... what drives people to do something so evil?

How the fuck he managed to not kill him after several rounds is ridiculous. I never put much weight on how someone killed them like most people do. Killing is killing. But letting someone suffer really shows how dangerous someone with no remorse can be.

I hate how every armchair psychologist in the commends section have something to blame. People should just understand their are genuine deranged people in our world. Kids being some of them most cruelest.

Lizardcommando said:

Wow, that is just fucked up. The people who committed this heinous crime shouldn't even be considered human anymore. I mean, my god... what drives people to do something so evil?

Well, this is really nothing much different compared to what's happened again and again over the course of human history.

Humans often lie, cheat, steal, con, scam, bully, manipulate, torment, murder, destroy. A human being is really a very ugly thing, and force-feeding of teachings or religion doesn't help anything (it just gives excuses to do things, or loopholes to exploit).

god dammit hex human beings are not OMG TERRIBLE creatures.

What's really sickening is all the talk about how "terrible" human beings are. Not everyone is a sadistic psychopath.

Well it's just a matter of circumstances. If you were in their shoes, who's to say things would have turned out any better? You can argue that you would act more responsibly, but that's from a different perspective, at a different time and place. You are distanced enough from all that to not be mentally or emotionally affected by it.

When I was younger, I carried a tremendous amount of anger and rage with me. I often had thoughts of killing and hurting others, whenever someone did anything that pushed my buttons (and most often they weren't aware of doing it - they weren't even acting maliciously). I can see how something like this could have happened if an event pushed me over the edge. That's why I empathize with these kids, rather than demonize them. I realize we're cut of the same cloth, living the same shitty life (just the exact details are different), full of crap emotions that enslave you if you're not constantly vigilant. Being human quite frankly is a very sucky experience IMO. It's just that my genes want me to keep living, for some reason...

hex11 said:

Well it's just a matter of circumstances. If you were in their shoes, who's to say things would have turned out any better? You can argue that you would act more responsibly, but that's from a different perspective, at a different time and place. You are distanced enough from all that to not be mentally or emotionally affected by it.

When I was younger, I carried a tremendous amount of anger and rage with me. I often had thoughts of killing and hurting others, whenever someone did anything that pushed my buttons (and most often they weren't aware of doing it - they weren't even acting maliciously). I can see how something like this could have happened if an event pushed me over the edge. That's why I empathize with these kids, rather than demonize them. I realize we're cut of the same cloth, living the same shitty life (just the exact details are different), full of crap emotions that enslave you if you're not constantly vigilant. Being human quite frankly is a very sucky experience IMO. It's just that my genes want me to keep living, for some reason...

Yeah, I empathize with them too. They must have some messed up shit going on in the noggin in order to carry this out. I feel sorry for whatever forces in their lives brought them to be retarded enough to kill someone over such bullshit.

It's possible that they just wanted to beat the shit out of him and then things got out of hand and nobody wanted to challenge the shooter after he had already shot the kid. Still, it's fucked up. I don't abide by "turn the other cheek" but I also think this was most likely an act of unjustified vengeance. A severe beating might have been acceptable, a brutal murder on the other hand indicates there is something wrong with the kids.

If you are angry at the world, fucking deal with it. These kids aren't starving on the street, are they?

Obviously there must be some parental failure here, seeing as one adult actually helped this whole thing go down.

Fuck these people. I will empathize with many who are branded as "bad eggs" but you honestly have to draw a line somewhere.

I wonder what are odds of a bunch of underaged kids befriending and along with their parents forming a sadistic psychopatical gang. Yeah, on a daily basis.

j4rio said:

I wonder what are odds of a bunch of underaged kids befriending and along with their parents forming a sadistic psychopatical gang. Yeah, on a daily basis.

I'm afraid you're affording them too much intelligence...

Mayhap, but still, they took him out, shot, crushed bones, shot again, burned in sleeping bag, tried to dispose of ashes... that doesn't seem too stupid to me after all.

DoomUK said:

Does the quality of the way it's written really take precedence over the story in some people's minds?

Well, seeing as how I sort of brought it up (albeit that it was meant to be at least a little bit humorous), I suppose I should answer that.

Sort of, kind of, yeah. Well, no, but yeah.

I mean, the act is vile, disgusting, depraved, awful, cruel and a horrible example of how callous human beings can be to each other for the slightest of reasons, of gang mentality, clannishness etc etc...

However, I've seen similar examples before and the idea and disgust are not new to me.

So, yes, I do find the act disgusting but not as shocking as perhaps I might if it was the first time that I had heard of a barbaric act like this.

However, the story was badly written and that alone jarred with me: for something so serious to be reported in such a poor way did not to the gravity of the story justice. But worse was the nature of the language used. Not only was it poor English (which could almost be excused as incompetence), it was unashamedly gratuitous and sensationalist language. So, this was a poorly written account of a human being's last miserable, painful and terrifying moments given the treatment of some pulp slasher fiction and punted out there to the general public for mass consumption.

The individuals involved in carrying out the murder are, no doubt, vile specimens - as evidenced by the fact that they were prepared to do what they did - but they were there and caught up in the frenzy of it all. The "journalist" and their publisher sat back in a cold calculating manner and decided how "best" to report the story - and a crass, sensationalist "draw in the punters" style was their answer. Did they care about the story? Did they care about the victim(s)? Or did they just see an opportunity to splatter their site with some lurid detail and profit from the incident? The nature of the article suggests the last option.

So, in a way, yes, I find that more vile than the original act. The journalist and publisher don't even have the excuse of revenge, merely that they saw an opportunity to profit from a person's violent, painful, miserable and terrifying death at the hands of a gang of thugs and they decided to do it in a vile way. But my disgust is not limited to the journalist/publisher - it is also towards the nature of humanity that such an approach is justified and works. I suppose that idea is not new to me either but, in some ways, it's bigger.

The girl just got tired of playing Postal 2 on it's computer, and tried it on real life. So what?

Enjay said:

I agree entirely. That is a very badly written article. It's appalling. Who is responsible for training journalists these day?

Completely agree.

Coopersville said:

Dumb girls should have killed each other next to prevent snitching from almost immediately ruining the perfect crime.

My dad has always told me if you want to kill someone do it alone and tell no one. Damn good advice.

DeathevokatioN said:

I dunno man, getting shot and dragged into a bathtub, where someone is breaking your kneecaps while you are still alive, so that you can fit into some sleeping bag where your going to get burnt to a crisp, sounds like something out of Saw to me.

You obviously have never seen Saw before. No where did I see Lil' Hooper being given a choice that could've saved his life or ended it while he was in their grasps. This is more like "Insert Actual Slasher Movie Here".

Anyways, the whole story is kinda meh. However, this does remind me of some much older murder where a couple of Teen girls slaughtered another teen, and supposedly killed her, found her still alive, then actually killed her, then they bagged her, and then burned her, and so on.

Anyways, this shows again how incredibly crazy and stupid the world we are living in is. The fucking bitch could use some time along with her friends. Too bad these victims never find a cool way to bust out and kill their captors and escape death... Only to be later imprisoned for killing the 'harmless children of pleading and crying mothers sayng that thier baby would never do such a thing, yet they are so oblivious and blinded by their stupidity in believing that "This could nevr happen to my child" bullshit'.

Somethin' like that anyways.

clone hunter its unfortunate the world does not work that way. What I find even worse is how if that kid had not had snitched, these people would have gotten away cleanly with it.

Our police forces need to be amped up and look out for more stuff like this.

But, still, the part that still nitches me about this story is how "they found time to play basketball"

Seriously, what kind of heartless bastard and kill someone like that in their own home, and be that fine with it? Seriously though, this is an act against humanity and pure sadistic acting.

I'm not sure you understood what I said, or hw I was saying it...

yellowmadness54 said:

But, still, the part that still nitches me about this story is how "they found time to play basketball"

Yah this struck me as being a little odd too. And I think the guy said the neighbors reported that. Okay... So the neighbors said they were playing basketball... WHo fucking cares? I think I can see where the guy was going with that, but it really came out undercooked.

Clonehunter said:

I'm not sure you understood what I said, or hw I was saying it...

Yah this struck me as being a little odd too. And I think the guy said the neighbors reported that. Okay... So the neighbors said they were playing basketball... WHo fucking cares? I think I can see where the guy was going with that, but it really came out undercooked.

It didn't fit...and if a neighbor saw it how did he/she NOT see what else was happening or any odd events leading to that?

By the way, in my other comment I was refering to the part where you said the victim saves himself in some awesome way, saying its unfortunate it doesnt work quite that way.

yellowmadness54 said:

Despite my rant about how these people suck, I don't think them playing basketball necessarily makes them any more evil.

Once when I was in elementary school, I pulled the fire alarm some time after school got out. I was with two other kids - we were all going "you do it" "no you do it" and finally one of them put his hand on the alarm and I pushed it down (hehe). The other two ran off immediately. I was (no pun intended) as alarmed as they were, but instead of running I nervously went over to the playground and started swinging as if nothing happened.

I was partially trying to play it cool and see if I wouldn't get caught, but I also did it just out of nervousness. Imagine if you and your friends committed murder in the heat of the moment...what would you do? It seems eerily natural to try to do something totally normal and innocent after the deed is done...they were probably shocked at what they had done.

Enjay said:

thread winning argument

I thought you were just making a silly joke at first, but damn, you have a good point there

I really hate to be pulling the "Fox News" card, but this really shows how anything can happen and I think that's the most unsettling part.

zap610 said:

I really hate to be pulling the "Fox News" card, but this really shows how anything can happen and I think that's the most unsettling part.

Bullshit, Fox News would blame this incident on the lack of God in schools forced on America by the liberal-atheists.

Enjay said:

this was a poorly written account of a human being's last miserable, painful and terrifying moments given the treatment of some pulp slasher fiction and punted out there to the general public for mass consumption.

I see your point.

But are sensationalist news articles really anything new? When I read something in the news I tend to be able to sieve through the writer's style (or lack of) and get a grasp of the story he or she wishes to convey, for better or worse. Whether this is something to be proud of, I leave up to you.