Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Plutonia Revisited Community Project demos [-complevel 4]

Memfis said:

I've found a new(?) trick on map01. Perhaps 0:07 is possible?

Cool. Yeah 7 seconds is possible. Maybe 6 if you get help from monsters with that jump.

cool! i didn't realize it could be done from this side too, i only knew about the keygrab after that little ledge jump. :)

I was about to challenge map21, I find it extrimely hard but actually I always have 2-3 monsters not teleporting. Can anybody else check that out? I tried to slow down, wipe everyside before those should spawn, but still a few didn't enter the teleport line

Whoops. The mapper used W1 teleport lines instead of WR, so if a monster fails to teleport once (because teleport destination is blocked by someone) he will be trapped in the monster closet forever... Time for a bugfix?

Memfis said:

Whoops. The mapper used W1 teleport lines instead of WR, so if a monster fails to teleport once (because teleport destination is blocked by someone) he will be trapped in the monster closet forever... Time for a bugfix?

i actually urged this matter repeatedly for over half a year during production and it still somehow fell through the sieve. it should be possible to get them all out (iirc), it just gets kinda anal.

dew said:

i actually urged this matter repeatedly for over half a year during production and it still somehow fell through the sieve. it should be possible to get them all out (iirc), it just gets kinda anal.

Maybe kill them all just as they teleport? (Rocket and/or Plasma, in order to open the area for others to teleport)

Just giving out ideas, I have no idea which monsters or where it happen, I actually haven't even ever seen MAP21.

I actually solved a problem just like that in my Chillax MAP03 run. Maybe the same idea can be used? (I go to the farthest place possible in the map so monsters wander a little in the teleport area then finally teleport. A Caco was blocking the way and I got it to move).
Happens at 7:17:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inpnqozB83U&fmt=18

Yes it can be maxed, you'll have to keep cleaning spots where monsters keep teleporting.

j4rio said:

Yes it can be maxed, you'll have to keep cleaning spots where monsters keep teleporting.

you were right, got now a valid first exit, but the map is pretty tough and the demo looks utterly slow. Was very careful to wipe everytime each enemy ;p

Prcp.wad
map21 uv-max 11:13**

too bad for the teleport trouble, optimizing this map could have been funny

ps: I dont like this music, I istantly idmus14-ed

pv21-1113.zip

another fast demorecording; a bit better looking, some unluck and some close calls once again. The final cyberdemon is way riskier using BFG btw, due to the splash damage easily avoidable using plasma gun instead (just circle strafe and run when he shoots then)

Prcp.wad
map21 uv-max 10:15*

pv21-1015.zip

j4rio said:

Yep, as I said.

24 max 8:27

j4rio said:

23 max 9:05

Stop being lazy and post those on Youtube. They are both (especially MAP24) really cool. Gotta love MAP24's music. :)

Also, MAP29 UV-Max in 13:02

pv29-1302.zip

Ancalagon said:

map22 max in 6:42

Heh, it looks like you died few times there? Based on the reckless style :P And it looks like you have sensitivity so high that you can turn 180 degrees with a tiny twist with wrist.

Prcp.wad
map16 uv-max 05:27*

too bad for the end, but that make's it fair for your unlucks in last run ;) And yea, your route is better time-wise.
back prolly tomorrow, too much work and stuff to study (quenya actually lol) those days

pv16-527.zip

very good, and funny fact is that like 10mins ago I died in front of the portal with the MM who decided a double KO would be nice, at 05:06 time blah.
i'll check again tmrw ;o

nice race, guys. the last demo is finally super-aggressive and reckless enough to scare challengers off. :)

I enjoyed watching those runs. Without some competition time would be around 5:30 and the demos should be speedrunning after all :) 'Regular player' (=not speedrunners) shouldn't be able to beat speed runs with ease or they are not speed runs at all. Good job!