Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Plutonia Revisited Community Project demos [-complevel 4]

I'm sorry for spamming. I should wait more before releasing a demo...

Map11 Pacifist in 1:23.

2Lorenzo: sure someone will do it sooner or later. Tatsurd already did maps01-02, maybe map03 is next? :)

pv11p123.zip

Lorenzo said:

No one did my map 03?

L.

escape from ghost town? skepticist had an FDA pack including your map. the start is rather unpleasant with all those chaingunners.

Lorenzo said:

No one did my map 03?

L.

Torr Samaho said:

escape from ghost town? skepticist had an FDA pack including your map. the start is rather unpleasant with all those chaingunners.

I got introduced to this level today so don't expect anything spectacular. Anyways, what a hard level for MAP03. I got a pretty solid gameplay most of the time. I'm not exactly sure of what time I should aim for here but I don't see much room for improvement.

MAP03 UV-Max in 5:45

pv03-545.zip

Uhhhh
Why is "urban decay" displayed on automap is beyond me.

Hilarious use of hitscanners combined with all the retarded blockmap bugs equals... well... guess what.

map 3 max 5:36

Below 5 is possible.

pv03-536.zip

j4rio said:

map 3 max 5:36

Below 5 is possible.

Sigh, I was faster all the time until you had that very nice ending! Sadly enough I was way too nervous to have a better ending after that Archie burned me. Are you going for sub-5?

Nah, too annoying. I'm leaving it up to you or tatsurd. Not that much after my 5:36 I got a 5:30 and I'm leaving it at that. It's basically same as 5:36 so watch it only if this level is arousing you.

pv03-530.zip

MAP03 UV Max in 4:59

A lot of ugly bits but still a really good time. Well, this is me after all. There is room for a bit of improvement but for now, I'm done with this map.

pv03-459.zip

I've made a route for UV-Speed in map 14 "The Undertaker".

The idea is to use the combination of rocketlauncher blast and an archvile jump to shoot your self through this tiny little window here:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/coop20110621120802.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/coop20110621120811.png/

Sadly, I do not have any available demos of me doing this but I have done this without recording ( which is quite a piss off ). This trick may take a few tries but i can assure you it will work. :)

I can't remember if I made those windows impassible or not in the end, so you may be wasting your time with that route. I do remember that it certainly has been possible in the past, as one of the testers sent me a demo showing me exactly that.

Thinking about it, I remember being quite impressed, and probably left it in as a result.

a done drunken + weed max demo for map 23,full of missed shots and mistakes.last 12:21
The map is very linear so with more agressive play and more accuracy in shots, time can be push to 8 minutes.
recorded with prboom plus complevel 4
PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD IT TO DSDA

pv23crap.zip

map25 uv-max in 9:05

this was very hard, so i took the liberty to rant a little in the textfile. :)

pv25-905.zip

map28 uv-max in 8:00

surprisingly enough, the map gets a little easier with aggressive approach. the cybs get distracted all the time. :)

pv28-800.zip

didierbertrand said:

episode 2 nomonsters movie in 15:47

I guess it took some time to learn those maps? Every map is like tenements :))

In map07, I found that if one is able to rocketjump to the platform, where the rocket launcher is, then one can use double rocket jump from two cyber demons and actually jump over the fence :D (I tried it with iddqd and it worked). Maybe useful trick for a built run, not sure if enough health to perform it.

that's pretty entertaining for a nomo, didier... an archvile or two could've saved you a lot of time. ;) memorizing map15 is an especially bitchy task, heh.

Hahaha, wow, you certainly have some skills. :)
Thanks for that amazing demo. Never thought a sub-15 time could be achieved there.

Ancalagon said:

map32 max in 12:49

watched it 3 times, was amazing, even tho those were first time I ever seen the map itself.