Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Plutonia Revisited Community Project demos [-complevel 4]

Hey guys, I hope this is the right place to ask...

On the prcp page on doomedsda.us, it says that some demos (like phml's TAS UV speed of map32) need an older version of prcp.wad to work, but I can't find that version anywhere. Can somebody point me in the right direction so that I can watch those?

I believe this should help link

You can access the pwad download links by clicking the wad title at the top of the demos page for each individual wad (hope that made sense)

Prcp.wad
map15 uv-max 32:06**

despite its lenght, to me would be worth watching
it's a very nice map, not optimized since the archvile fights can go terribly bad sometimes, and require more ammo.
bla watched it again, Ill go for a better time probably, depends how much/fast it will go on my nerves again

pv15-3206.zip

Prcp.wad
map15 uv-max 27:48*

a bit better
considering that every succesful exit I could cut minutes, wouldnt surprise me to finish the level within 22minutes.
so far it was 34:18, 32:06, 29:41, and this 27:48
but Im dying still sometimes at the staircase and the revenant+caco fight, which is annoying after 15~ minutes of run

pv15-2748.zip

awesome stuff, please do continue with other maps! i might help fill the table with map15 speeds, because the map is an incredible gordian knot... but as i said before, i'm not touching uv-speed in this wad because of my involvement with the project. :)

map32 max in 9:34
yes!!!, as i said under 10 mins is possible!, in the demo you can see i am bit surprised when suddenly all the cybers are dead, so good infight :), oh, and all the cacos and monsters outside spawning in time surprised me too :D, so lucky.

pv32-934.zip

dew said:

awesome stuff, please do continue with other maps! i might help fill the table with map15 speeds, because the map is an incredible gordian knot... but as i said before, i'm not touching uv-speed in this wad because of my involvement with the project. :)

Weren't you involved with SoD, though?

Snakes said:

Weren't you involved with SoD, though?

in a much subtler way. and i started doing the runs when no one seemed to record any, to prove they're possible... and i nearly filled the table when i realized how truly hardcore some of them are, haha. you guys have this, look at looper's ridiculous run. :)

Zahid was having problems maxing MAP21 and I saw an easily fixable problem, so I created a fixed MAP21 that's available from DSDA now. The monsters should no longer get trapped in the teleporters.

thanks, andy! the W1 teleporters in map21 were an issue from the very first WIP version and somehow they never got repaired despite repeated urging and belial's edits.

Haha, wow, I'm usually the first to point something like that out yet I focused so hard on fixing VPOs that I somehow never even noticed the problem while playing.

Good job me for not realizing that teleporter existed. I'll see if I can beat that time.