Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kristus

Creating a Myst-like adventure in Minecraft

Update, part 2 and 3 uploaded. I'm gonna try and improve on the sound, and hopefully my speach until next part.

Hi

With the risk of humiliating myself I've decided to start a series on YT where I am building a Minecraft adventure map where I am describing what I have and are doing over the video feed.

If there are anyone interested in Minecraft adventures here. Check it out.

I don't have minecraft, but if you finish this and make it a really good puzzly adventure, I may pick it up as I loved Myst, Riven, Exile, etc...

E: I watched the video and it looks really cool. Are you planning on filling the whole world? If so, you have A LOT of work to do. One suggestion: Since you can build up in this game, try to build this map vertically more, as it may enhance the puzzlyness. It would make me chuckle if you could get little pixelly imps and cacodemons in this map. :)

Looks like it could be fun. Keep it up.

Speaking of Minecraft adventure, these guys have some awesome Minecraft adventure videos. It started out as just basic survival mode that evolved into an epic adventure with (player controlled) NPCs. It's pretty awesome, and hilarious.

Looks like it could be cool...this reminds me I need to still try out Espi's Eternal DOOM IV map.

Is it just going to be sand? Or are you going to make the map more colorful?

DoomHero85 said:

I don't have minecraft, but if you finish this and make it a really good puzzly adventure, I may pick it up as I loved Myst, Riven, Exile, etc...

E: I watched the video and it looks really cool. Are you planning on filling the whole world? If so, you have A LOT of work to do. One suggestion: Since you can build up in this game, try to build this map vertically more, as it may enhance the puzzlyness. It would make me chuckle if you could get little pixelly imps and cacodemons in this map. :)

No it'll just be islands like in Myst and Riven. You can build up. But there's a top and bottom limit where you can travel into but no longer build into. And since I plan to have buildings too, I don't want to build the islands too tall or I won't be able to fit the buildings I want.

You can make new monsters and such. But I am not going to do that as it requires mods and those mods need updates as Minecraft is updated. But if I would it wouldn't be to make new monsters. Only to make new tools and materials etc.

Danarchy said:

Looks like it could be fun. Keep it up.

Speaking of Minecraft adventure, [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueXephos]these guys[/urel] have some awesome Minecraft adventure videos. It started out as just basic survival mode that evolved into an epic adventure with (player controlled) NPCs. It's pretty awesome, and hilarious.

Yeah, the Yogscast is what made me eventually buckle and get Minecraft. Couldn't resist any longer after I watched their great show.

DeathevokatioN said:

Looks like it could be cool...this reminds me I need to still try out Espi's Eternal DOOM IV map.

Is it just going to be sand? Or are you going to make the map more colorful?

There will be more than sand in the world.

Looks nice so far, I'll definitely tune in for future parts.

Minecraft has always reminded me of Myst and Riven for some reason, probably just the vast feeling you get from both Myst and Minecraft. That makes me wonder if anyone ever tried to recreate Myst island from the 1st game in Minecraft...

I'm curious about how you're going to fit adventure gameplay into this world of yours. Keep going.