Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lishy

Gamma(?) issue after closing GZDoom and Skulltag

Hey guys. I hope this is in the right subforum. I'm new here..

Anyways, whenever I close GZDoom or Skulltag, even if the gamma is not changed or set to 1, it messes up my computer screen's gamma (I think that's what it's called. Makes colors brighter..) whenever the ports of Doom are closed.

This problem persists unless I do things like changing my screen's resolution (Even if temporarily..), or manually changing gamma and changing back.

Device Manager says my display adapter is Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Chipset Family. Does that info help any bit?

Anyways, if any of you know how to stop this from happening, it would be nice!

I had a similar problem years back when running some Quake source ports in OpenGL mode (mainly DarkPlaces). Touching one of the settings in the Windows display setup and then hitting 'apply' would reset the screen, but it wouldn't prevent it from happening again the next time I played.

As far as I recall, it was caused by a bug in ATI's display driver - updating drivers a few months later fixed the issue for me. You might want to try that, if you haven't already.

I'm not familiar with your display adapter off the top of my head, but if it's some cut-down laptop thing, it might be hard to find new drivers for it, actually.

My driver is up to date, unfortunately.

Why is it recent laptops can't even play Doom these days? Seems to me they're making things worse and worse -.-

Lishy said:

Device Manager says my display adapter is Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Chipset Family. Does that info help any bit?

That's probably the reason. Intel's GL drivers are notoriously bad.

One thing you should check if the ports actually close down completely by checking the Windows Task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) It some of the shutdown code isn't run it could also explain the effect. However, fixing such an issue is not a trivial matter.

But is there a permanent solution?

Edit: Well it seems after running that exe it stopped messing with the gamma.. Would there be any possible downsides to this fix program?