Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Classic Doom on the Machinima channel!

Nice to see Machinima still has shitty quality standards(in multiple ways). I mean, really. 360p? Come on, even independent video makers with upload rates below 1 mb/s can make 480p. (I'm pretty sure most of these titles aren't meant to be stretched to widescreen, either.)

Anyways, on to the list:
10. Really? The lame-ass big head cheat is even a mention in this?
9. Pause + *? What version are they playing? Everyone with a brain knows it's IDDQD in the real version! :P
8. Boring.
7. Same as #10.
6. Level jump code. Meh.
5. This one's actually pretty cool. Screw you, unnecessary censorship!
4. Boring.
3. Finally, another interesting one. Shame the commentary ruined it.
2. Another good one.
1. Oh look, one that reached meme status got the highest rating. Not surprising, coming from these people.

Big disappointment from machinima yet again, but at least Doom got onto a list.

Xeros612 said:

Nice to see Machinima still has shitty quality standards(in multiple ways). I mean, really. 360p? Come on, even independent video makers with upload rates below 1 mb/s can make 480p. (I'm pretty sure most of these titles aren't meant to be stretched to widescreen, either.)

IMO the reason is that the makers of the Top 10 FTW are amateurs, and they can't make or don't want to make HD-quality videos. I can understand that, Machinima has over 9000 videos (:D) so they can't separate HD-videos and non-HD amateur works.

Birdbrain said:

This is just as obnoxious as the top 10 lists from that other site, Screwattack or whatever it was called. The Doom cheat isn't even that interesting, it's just invincibility.

its a well known thing. DOOM at the time was very hard, and some considered it scary (I've jumped a few times, I'll admit. The first time I saw a demon in those hallways gave me a scare back in 5th grade)

IDDQD was some peoples last resort. Its not how interesting, its how popular and how helpful.

Now, machinema just sucks. Its like a mix of spike TV and G4 TV. Taking spikes obnoxious immaturity and failure to be funny and mixing it with video games.

Barely an uninspired, boring, generic comment, the host speaks like a complete moron, about a whole minute wasted figuring out what machinima and ftw stood for because all of a sudden everyone's magically fluent in everyone else's jargon. Really, everything that relates to this turned out to be garbage, save the sole mention of Doom.

yellowmadness54 said:

Now, machinema just sucks. Its like a mix of spike TV and G4 TV. Taking spikes obnoxious immaturity and failure to be funny and mixing it with video games.

I don't know... the extremely gigantic numbers of videos, the Respawn Army, and other things looks promising for me. Although I don't watch anything except Minecraft, and any videos which might have references to Doom (like this video)

Damn, I thought this was going to be about a classic Doom machinima production, like for example Devil's Covenant for Quake I (an oldie, but was quite good back in the day).

The tank cheat on the PC version of GTAIII trumps anything else out there:

GIVEUSATANK

Mine, I think.