Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

Yeah so about that storm Obama went to see the damage of

I was in it.

I was fortunate to only lose a wall and an entire chimney... my car, and a storage shed, and a tree. Lots of others lost their lives. I don't have internet links to this, use the Google. I just got power back.

So yeah, we're going to be hearing about this one for a while. That Tornado was 1 mile wide that went through the city of Birmingham. Where my friends and I grew up no longer exists.

I used to joke about storms, but I don't think I can anymore. Not after this. I lost two friends in this.

So yeah. I thought first to make this a blog but since it was such a catastrophe, I didn't. Mods feel free to add a newslink if you know about this. Thanks.

This is actually the first I've heard of this thing. Some of the video footage out there is pretty nuts. You have my condolences, and I'm sorry for everyone else who has been affected.

Sorry to hear about your friends. I'm glad you made it through okay.

This was worse than the infamous 1974 super outbreak.

Glad you're ok and keep your chin up.

One mile wide? Jesus... Sorry for your losses, and glad you're okay. You and everyone will be in my thoughts and prayers.

DoomUK said:

http://latimesphoto.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/la-tornado003_lke8dgnc.jpg

^^ There's something about this photo that I find so awesomely inspirational.

In France they'd think that was a wicked pimped ride, yo.

Was it still as destructive as a "regular" Tornado? Because that's fucking crazy. Normally they are only a few metres wide but can wreck anything that gets in their path, having one of the same power but wide enough to rip a significant hole in a big city is... unimaginable

deathbringer said:

Was it still as destructive as a "regular" Tornado? Because that's fucking crazy. Normally they are only a few metres wide but can wreck anything that gets in their path, having one of the same power but wide enough to rip a significant hole in a big city is... unimaginable

This particular tornado was an EF5 and was approx 1 - 1.5 miles in diameter. In other words, fucking huge. Over 300 people lost their lives.

Tornadoes scare the hell out of me

Jeez, this is the first I've heard of this too. Ugh, my family was joking about tornadoes just earlier today. I'm sorry, Csonicgo. Keep living.

Sorry you lost friends in that storm and glad you came through it ok.

I hope to never see a tornado in real life. I've been through a few hurricanes that came up the coast and that's bad enough.

Christ. This is nuts. Sorry about your losses. This whole tornado business keeps wiping across the news here in Wis. The damage is extrodinary.

Tornados were one of my childhood nightmares, even though they were pretty rare in Texas when I was growing up. I can't imagine how frightening of an experience it must have been.

Glad you made it through, and R.I.P. to your two friends. :(

lupinx-Kassman said:

Tornados were one of my childhood nightmares

Same here. The Twister ride at Universal made matters worse for me as a young kid.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, it's very unfortunate that you lost your friends. :( Just be glad that you're still alive, of course.

yellowmadness54 said:

I'd say Mother Nature was unleashing her furry.

Animals have already been around for billions of years, this isn't new.
EDIT: Megamur beat it to me.

yellowmadness54 said:

An earthquake causes a nuclear fall out in Japan, and now this?

What the hell is going on?

Natural disaster, quite simply. Happens all the time, this isn't really out of the ordinary. People have been reacting like this whenever a string of natural disasters occur for years. It just simply isn't a sign of anything larger, like an apocalypse, despite what some people may say (and have been saying for centuries) about it.

Glad to hear your ok Csonicgo. Really sorry to hear you lost friends in that storm :(. I hope you guys are able to get back on your feet as soon as possible.

That storm system was pretty insane. It eventually made it's way up into our neck of the woods and we had tornado warnings until about 3 am in the morning (I live in the south-western part of VA). For as long as I've lived here, we've never had any tornado warnings or anything on that level that I know of, so it was a little unnerving. Thankfully most of the rotation was still in the upper atmosphere so all we got was tons of rain and some quarter-sized hail. A few weeks prior though, a small town very near us got hammered by a tornado (granted it wasn't anywhere near as devastating as what hit the south).