Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

Yeah so about that storm Obama went to see the damage of

esselfortium said:

This is my megamurrsona.

You make up a nonsense word decades ago and then it comes back and bites you in the rear.

Danarchy said:

*Western Washington pretty much the safest place*

WTF, they keep telling us we're going to sink into the ocean when the next big quake hits.

I would think that the area around the Sound would be pretty safe. If there's some disaster big enough to put 70 miles inland into the ocean, then we're all fucked. That'd be like "2012" level shit.

And speaking of quakes, looking at their earthquake risk map, I had no idea there was some sort of seismic center along the South Carolina coast. Is that right? I knew about the Mississippi Valley fault line, but I've never heard of an earthquake in Charleston.

Kid Airbag said:

And speaking of quakes, looking at their earthquake risk map, I had no idea there was some sort of seismic center along the South Carolina coast. Is that right? I knew about the Mississippi Valley fault line, but I've never heard of an earthquake in Charleston.

The closest I can find reference to is the Brevard Fault Zone, which runs through North Carolina, Alabama, and Georgia. It's supposedly not considered a problem, but you never know.

Kid Airbag said:

I would think that the area around the Sound would be pretty safe. If there's some disaster big enough to put 70 miles inland into the ocean, then we're all fucked. That'd be like "2012" level shit.

Well, not literally. Well, the Seattle waterfront could quite possibly slide right into the sound since it was build on mud flats and is sinking anyway because of that reason. But seriously, they've been saying we're overdue for a 9.0+ quake since I was a little kid.

Cson I'm glad to hear you're ok. Is everyone else from DW in affected areas accounted for?

Good luck with the re-builds and insurance claims.