Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fletcher`

Cursed Update: Help Needed

So, yeah. I need help. I've been working on and off on this project for years and its always been slow going. I've finally realized that if I ever want to finish this, I'm going to need help.
Edit: Helps if I clarify some things. THis if for regular Zdoom for Heretic.

• Scripters - This is a big one as you'll encounter various shops that will need a custom menu, hopefully using the cursor to navigate. (from a useability perpective it seems the easiest for the player to use)

The weapon upgrading will also need its own menu since you'll gain upgrade points when you gain a level. You'll be able to pick and choose which weapons and when to upgrade, as well as upgrading defensive spells. Each Weapon/Spell will probably only have three upgradable levels, and require more points for each successive upgrade.

I'm also trying to figure out how to cycle through various defensive spells. They'll be fired using the alt-fire key, but it needs two other keys to cycle through them.

(I'm debating the whole extra spell thing as there's already many new artifacts. Do you think adding extra spells on top of new artifacts is too much?)

• Mappers - The biggest thing here I need to figure out is layout of the different hubs and levels, what you'll be doing, etc.

• Testing - ...everything. Trying to balance everything and make everything work by myself is difficult at best. :P

• Ideas - Originally the plot of the game was that a wizard wanted to ressurect D'Sparil to steal his power, but that sounded too over-done. I'm thinking of setting the scene to before the Serpent Riders came to be, and help explain where they came from.

Also, the title Cursed is just a wip, it needs a better name.
New things:
  • Weapons (needs completely revamped)
  • Defensive Spells
  • Artifacts (needs balanced or changed)
  • Shops (Buy/Sell artifacts)
  • experience/levelling system (May need tweaking)
  • weapon/spell upgrade points
  • enemies (most are done)
  • decorations (the easiest thing :P)
I'll be reorganizing the main data wad and probably split it up into different components for convenience.
I'll also have to clean up already existing scripts for convenience as well.

Screenshots:

Let me know if you're interested in helping out in any way. If you need to get ahold of me, I'm always on IRC: irc.oftc.net #zdoom

rf` said:

• Scripters - This is a big one as you'll encounter various shops that will need a custom menu, hopefully using the cursor to navigate. (from a useability perpective it seems the easiest for the player to use)

I'd use ZSDF here. Way simpler to script and designed just for that.

That looks like a mighty fine project you have there. I'd certainly be interested in helping out with this in the area's of mapping, ideas, and testing.

Gez said:

I'd use ZSDF here. Way simpler to script and designed just for that.

Not really, as what I was looking for was not a strife-dialog but an actual cursor-driven menu where you click icons aligned on a grid to decide what you want.

I would really like to participate and help you. But since my main imput is usually very slowly delivered graphics (and since you are quite self-sufficient in that way) I probably woudnt be much help. But I am willing to spend time with testing and share my ideas. Especially on a project like that.