Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?fwlfeuew4xyqog5

I've finished my latest endeavour, a 7 map Boom project for Doom2 but I've played it so many times no that I'm sick of it. So I'm hoping that some good people of this community will download and play it, then provide information about bugs/balancing issues etc. I've tried to make it hard which is why there are now 2 difficulty settings (UV and HMP/HYNTR), I recommend that you play each level from a pistol start.
I was gonna change the level names and intermission text, but I couldnt figure out how

Story:
You are a security guard on one of the generic UAC facilities on some generic planet. You have been assigned to one of the outlying research outposts. During your daily report back to the main base you find that the communications are down and so take some unspecified vehicle back to the base to investigate...

EDIT: any name ideas for the wad would be welcome

The intermission text are stored as graphics.

I still didn't play it but what about: "Shadows of the Dead" or "7 of Death" :P

EDIT: So you may wanna pick up Doom Word and type in the level name graphics, save them and replace.

C30N9 said:

EDIT: So you may wanna pick up Doom Word and type in the level name graphics, save them and replace.

Whats Doom Word? also, i think you mean the intermission screen that appears between every level, whereas I was referring to the text that appears after MAP07, MAP30 etc. I know its got something to do with dehacked but i'm not very knowledgable on that area.

I just got it while checking a thread talking about Doomword 3 bug or something, it had a link, try searching.

I don't know how but yes I think DeHacked is the key, I think it starts like Text # or something. Check PL2 or Plutonia Revisited wad ;)

edit: Link http://www.tienerdisco.net/aap/DoomWord.zip

Hey Foodles!

I just came back from playing the first map and the start of the second map.

I must say that the pistol-based gameplay is super-boring :/ Clearing the outside area of the demons took forever. Maybe you should give away some more SG ammo or build a little room where you can get the chainsaw?

You could also go back and align the textures properly, at least in the outdoor area. But otherwise I think this is a promosing wad with a classic feel to it. I'm going to play the whole thing and get back!

Thanks for the link C30N9

I'll probably add in a chainsaw to the first level but I'm not sure if its worth all the time it would take to align all the rock textures

Foodles said:

Thanks for the link C30N9

I'll probably add in a chainsaw to the first level but I'm not sure if its worth all the time it would take to align all the rock textures

Actually, you just have to align the y-axis better. Some textures needed to be upper unpegged as well. Took me 1 minute to fix with the auto-align in DB2.

And about that chainsaw, I would still add some SG ammo for thoose damned cacodemons.

Just had a quick run at levels, some spots in levels are well "classic" detailed, but some spots are empty and ugly (even the classic beats them). However it is a good wad and worth it, especially for vanilla wads fans.

You should, or must remove that starting Demon and 1 IMP from the starting area from MAP01, playing with pistol is not enjoyable at all, add a shotgun at that corner.

OK I've alligned all the rock textures and added in a chainsaw to the start of the first map, I'm reluctant to add in any shotgun ammo on UV, if you run out of pistol ammo then you can quite easily chainsaw the cacodemon. I've updated the link in the Original Post.