Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flubbernugget

Bin Laden Dead

It's weird because I remember al-Jezeera officially reporting him dead back in 2002. Oh well, point is he's dead now.

Sweet mother of fuck, I'd thought would never see the day this occurred. Of course, the next question is what happens to our forces overseas?

Looks like the old thread went out on a Liam.

Also, woot. Looks like it's legit.

Danarchy said:

It's weird because I remember al-Jezeera officially reporting him dead back in 2002. Oh well, point is he's dead now.

Some articles claim they had done DNA comparison and they are assured it's him.

Of course, we've seen so many different Osama doppelganger in the media, it's hard to believe they got the right one.

Xaser said:

Looks like the old thread went out on a Liam.

lol

President Obama's currently announcing Bin-Laden's death on local TV, which I suppose makes it official. Just hope they shot the right guy.

Not that this is likely to change much, I get the impression that Al-Qaeda is more of a loose association than a cohesive organisation, so apart from loosing a figurehead and gaining a martyr it's probably business as usual for them.

CIA and FBI both use that spelling... Kinda like Gaddafi and Qaddafi... or Ghengis Khan and Chinggis Khan.

Partition36 said:

This, on the other hand, is golden.

Mr. Freeze said:

Of course, the next question is what happens to our forces overseas?

Do you mean "what happens" as in will there be a short-term backlash against them? Or are you asking will they be withdrawn, in which case I highly doubt that. It's not like Bin Laden was the endgame here.

PRIMEVAL said:

Guess this means Obama will get 2nd term. >.<

Considering the alternatives I'm not convinced that's such a bad thing.

ImNotSamFisher said:

Now comes the true test. What will Al-Quida do?

Secret government documents leaked to the media last night reveal a top Gitmo detainee vowed to unleash a "nuclear hellstorm" if Osama Bin Laden was ever captured or assassinated.

Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the suspected mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, claimed Al Qaeda had hidden a nuclear bomb in Europe that was tied to Bin Laden's fate, according to a dump of classified documents released by the WikiLeaks website.

The frightening information was in thousands of pages of dossiers of detainees being held at the controversial Guantanamo Bay prison in Cuba.

Mohammed's boast to his Gitmo interrogators remains unconfirmed, but officials have uncovered attempts by AlQaeda to obtain a nuke and fear the terrorist group has already purchased uranium. It is the fourth time WikiLeaks has dumped top secret documents to global news groups, including The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Telegraph of Britain.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-04-25/news/29492085_1_wikileaks-nuclear-hellstorm-nuclear-bomb

I hope this is bullshit.

Kid Airbag said:

Considering the alternatives I'm not convinced that's such a bad thing.

I think Trump may do a better job than Obama, personally. America is a business, maybe an actual business man can do something good. I don't know. I just want change.

PRIMEVAL said:

I think Trump may do a better job than Obama, personally. America is a business, maybe an actual business man can do something good. I don't know. I just want change.

You know, America's bending over backwards for the rich is a major problem.

Ok great so we offed a dude.

Honestly if we had done this a week or a month or a year after the World Trade Center was bombed it would be a different story and would mean something but now it's just an empty gesture that is going to make him a martyr and make people who hate us hate a little bit harder.

I mean aren't we a little late. Didn't he win? Didn't he cost us a ton of lives, see us dragged into several wars, waste time, money, lives, and stability just to track his ass down? Can you honestly think about the last time you thought about Osama Bin Laden? Well now you're thinking about him and so is the rest of the world, especially that portion that liked him more than us.

Good riddance to Bin Laden...

Soooo, what are the chances of a video of that operation being leaked onto the internet?

PRIMEVAL said:

If Trump becomes president, I'm moving to Canada.

Bank said:

Ok great so we offed a dude.

Honestly if we had done this a week or a month or a year after the World Trade Center was bombed it would be a different story and would mean something but now it's just an empty gesture that is going to make him a martyr and make people who hate us hate a little bit harder.

I mean aren't we a little late. Didn't he win? Didn't he cost us a ton of lives, see us dragged into several wars, waste time, money, lives, and stability just to track his ass down? Can you honestly think about the last time you thought about Osama Bin Laden? Well now you're thinking about him and so is the rest of the world, especially that portion that liked him more than us.

Tried to post something like this, especially after seeing the crowd around the white house. So far it is a noisy riot of people shouting "USA! USA!" (I really wish I could find a video of it, its disgusting), and cheering over the death of Osama like some kind of stereotypical white trash redneck living from everything the bible says. I understand the happiness about Osama's death, but after wondering as a child whether my father was going to come home for three days while he was working as an EMT at ground zero I am still disgusted at the behavior of American citizens. Yes, we killed someone, but the true celebration should be when the war on terror is over, not the war on Bin Laden. Since when is it ok for a country to seek revenge?

No you guys, I'm pretty sure now that we've killed Osama al-Qaeda has learned their lesson and radical Islam is dead

Bank said:

now it's just an empty gesture that is going to make him a martyr and make people who hate us hate a little bit harder.

Well I wouldn't go so far to call it an empty gesture. This news does have significance and is important, however, killing Bin Laden won't bring all those dead people back and it certainly doesn't mean terrorism is done for. It's bittersweet. I'm glad justice has finally caught up to him but at what cost?

Moreover, I'm glad a Democrat was in office when this happened because if it happened under Bush or any other Republican they would never live it down. It is hard enough for them to not mention 9/11 and they certainly would have never shut up about killing OBL. While I think Obama should incorporate this news (I refuse to call it an achievement) into his re-running, hopefully he does it with some amount of humility, and credits the soldiers and the American people's hard earned tax dollars to this "victory".

Yay, I guess? We lose 3,000 people in an inside- I mean terrorist act, and we sent 50,000 of our kids to die in order to kill the leader of some faction.

Congratulations on claiming to have saved the world from a non-active terrorist mastermind who evaded us for ten fucking years. Sacrificing thousands of our soldiers to kill some guy who would have died of old age in a few years anyway. Bravo America, bravo.

Whose going to be the world's next hide and seek champion? They have to beat 10 years at least.