Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
benalishlancer

can anyone help a newbie with WinDEU

Im new to the whole level editing thing, and Im having some trouble with WinDEU 5.24 (the 16 bit version). Im using the prefab option to create a polygone with 25 sides and a radius of 250. When I create a second 25 sided polygon with a radius of 500 and place it around the first polygon, I ran the check all sectors are closed and I keep getting the following error: sector #X is not closed! Check LineDEF #XX(first SideDef: #XX). Im sure this is a really dumb question, but I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out

Windeu does not put the correct sector references for the prefabs if you go around an object. You have to manually correct all the references.

If you are starting out, it might be easier if you use something with a bit more help. Try DeePsea at www.sbsoftware.com (one here at DW is old) and WadAuthor here at DW utitities section. Both have extensive documentation and both are shareware. Once you get the hang of things, Windeu (or any other editor) will make more sense.

There's also an online help section for DeePsea at http://www.sbsoftware.com/onlinehelp/deepstart.htm that can give you background editing information also. There's a section specifically geared towards "sector not closed", explaining your problem. Click Index if you can't find it right away, since that sorts in alpha sequence.