Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lucius

DaggerXL/DarkXL -> XL Engine

I haven't posted over here about DaggerXL or DarkXL in a long time, so I wanted to give you guys an update about DaggerXL and DarkXL.

The project has moved (along with all the other "XL" projects) to a single new site: XLEngine.com. There you'll find the new forums, blog, website and even a Wiki (very much a work in progress though). If you look around for a bit, you'll probably also notice that all the shared code is being merged into the XL Engine, which will also support both polygonal rendering and sector rendering - see this post on the old DaggerXL blog for more information.

I also posted some progress towards version 0.20 of DaggerXL, which you can read about here, which also talks about the move.

Finally you can read about when the DaggerXL Alpha and DarkXL Beta are planned to be released as well as concrete plans about the merger and other XL Engine projects: here.

Also I put up progress information that I will be updating on the Wiki, both an immediate Next Version to-do list and Weekly Progress. I put these up recently, which is why there isn't much there yet, so that people can follow the project progress even between updates.

As usual, any comments are welcome. However please read about the merger and move before commenting on them. :)

david_a said:

I guess this means the source won't be released anytime soon?

The game source will be but for the engine source I'm going to hold off until after the merger and everything is cleaned up. Full engine source release will probably happen in a month or two.

Impressive! Those of us who love Daggerfall will be rooting for you all the way. :D

Does this mean I need to register at new forums instead of the DaggerXL ones?

Aliotroph? said:

Impressive! Those of us who love Daggerfall will be rooting for you all the way. :D

Does this mean I need to register at new forums instead of the DaggerXL ones?

Yes.