Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Planky

Happy Birthday Wolfenstein

I got most of the way through wolfenstein 2009 (made it to downtown) then the PS3 broke, so now I'll probably never be able to complete it, which is a shame since I was enjoying it. I enjoyed RTCW as well but I've never played the original wolf 3D.

Planky said:

I still have to get around to completing the 2009 release, after getting stuck with one particular boss.

Which boss was that?

The boss located in the airfield hanger. Once she comes out of that machine to attack you, I find myself dead pretty quick.

Ah. All I can remember is blasting her to hell with the damage booster power. That was on normal though; not sure what difficulty you're running.

Happy (belated) Birthday Wolfenstein! I can't believe Wolfenstein is already 19 years old, it seems like just yesterday I was a doe-eyed youngster shooting Nazi's with a machine gun, and being tricked by my friend's older brother when he told me to fire off all my ammo so I can get the knife. According to him it was the most powerful weapon in the game. Bastard.
I'd still like to complete the 2009 version, but it crapped out when I was fighting Hans Grosse. Apparently, at that time at least, it had a serious crashing problem where if you actually tried to get all the collectible items and loot, especially if you replayed prior levels, it would crash. Inevitably. Wouldn't do it if you just breezed through the game, but as soon as you tried getting the crap they put in it, it would crash at some random point. Happened to me at Hans Grosse, couldn't get through the final battle. Not sure if it was patched, I doubt it.

happy birthday wolf3d! i was obsessed with wolf3d when i was a kid. i used to make the hallways and stuff in wolf out of paper and cardboard.

19 years? Goddamn. (Also, how did I miss this thread?) I remember when it came out. It was pretty much the most amazing thing ever. I remember my dad installed it at my friend's house and we'd just gather around their computer watching his dad or older brother play (I wasn't allowed to play it until I was older...same with Doom). I remember thinking the game could only be more awesome if there were monsters to kill and stuff like stairs and multiple levels. Then motherfucking Doom came out.