Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here's an idea, tell me if you love it or hate it.

A doom level based on resident evil 1. In my mind it's pretty cool, but im sure others can see a load of flaws with it. Somebody tell me what you think.

Megamur said:

I had a dream about that once. It was cool in the dream, at least.

haha,

Woah yeah that sounds like a smashing idea, but there would have to be some kind of zombie element to the gameplay, like a weaponless former human that has a close range attack. If not it would still be cool just for sh*ts and giggles

Sounds like a cool idea. Gameplay has to be altered, though. Player speed reduced (fast zombies just look funny), zombies with no guns, enemy projectiles at a bare minimum, etc.

skaman86 said:

Like this?

http://youtu.be/9aCOi1Bs8Rw

Or like this with fixed camera angles?

http://youtu.be/dl046TEheAw

Sorry I don't want to sound like i'm knocking your idea. I don't mean to sound that way at least.

No, it does sound cool. I'd actually love to play a finished one. Or are there any finished?

the first vid is exactly what i was thinking about.
I want to get a team together for this...

i kinda want to make the cutscenes too, especially the one where the zombie is eating the dude, and he looks back at you.

We would have to reduce the weapons dirastically, as well as the movement.

IIRC someone at the ZDoom forums was working on a Resident Evil-style mod.

Haven't seen many updates for it lately, though.

I would DEFINITELY support this idea if it were to take off. Having one of my favorite games implemented into another favorite game of mine?

That would be boss as hell

However i would go for the remake mansion layout as it has more variety and posture. Although at the same time i would say it may be too much for so little gain. Guess i'll just ride with it.

It seems like a good idea, and I would support it, but the idea needs to have more detail is in terms of the wad itself.

KwadDamyj said:

IIRC someone at the ZDoom forums was working on a Resident Evil-style mod.

Haven't seen many updates for it lately, though.

2 different ones, I recall being there. Neither of them have been updated in forever, though, so they're either dead or in a indefinite state of limbo.

No offense intended to the thread author or anybody currently working on such a mod, but why are there so many "Resident Evil" mods for various FPS games? A search at ModDB reveals 10 pages worth of results for mods for nearly every moddable game on the market, from Half-Life, to Deus Ex, to Crysis, to Unreal Tournament 3, and even a mod for Resident Evil 4 that is apparently intended to turn it into Resident Evil 5 (whatever use that is). I honestly feel that RE is pretty oversaturated - if you're going to make an RE-styled mod, that's fine, because it does have a certain feel to its gameplay, but I advise you not to call it Resident Evil. =P

WildWeasel said:

No offense intended to the thread author or anybody currently working on such a mod, but why are there so many "Resident Evil" mods for various FPS games?

Zombies and guns lend themselves well to FPS games.

if you're going to make an RE-styled mod, that's fine, because it does have a certain feel to its gameplay, but I advise you not to call it Resident Evil. =P

Why?

WildWeasel said:

No offense intended to the thread author or anybody currently working on such a mod, but why are there so many "Resident Evil" mods for various FPS games? A search at ModDB reveals 10 pages worth of results for mods for nearly every moddable game on the market, from Half-Life, to Deus Ex, to Crysis, to Unreal Tournament 3, and even a mod for Resident Evil 4 that is apparently intended to turn it into Resident Evil 5 (whatever use that is). I honestly feel that RE is pretty oversaturated - if you're going to make an RE-styled mod, that's fine, because it does have a certain feel to its gameplay, but I advise you not to call it Resident Evil. =P

I really didn't know that dude.
Actually, i was in school thinking about fun things to mix doom with
and i thought of that.

gotta say good idea i had the thought of making a doom survival horror
and may i suggest the use of photo realistic sprites for the zombies using costumes with a green screen or clay models/plasticine molds
and don't forget the classic music score!!!!!

also you may have to change up some weapons like the chain-gun (i would like to see a flamethrower in its place!!!) and add the second pistol being the colt python....

Is anyone still interested??

I need various people
and probably someone with a green screen to produce photorealistic
zombies.

It should be named something else so Capcom doesn't get anal and jump on it because of using the Resident Evil name.