Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phobosdeimos1

Wad-player and youtuber required

To anyone who records doom playthroughs/ random WAD plays and posts them on youtube, for reasons other than just the novelty of it, could you record a playthrough of Spire Complex for me

I don't mean to seem lazy, but it's important for me to see someone other than myself play through, even if it wasn't, I don't have Fraps

Cheers

I'm not sure if you have special reasoning to want a Youtube video, but I'd think requesting a demo would be a better idea.

I might try to record one for you myself, if I get some time tonight. I'm certainly not going to record it as a video to put on Youtube or anything, though.

Mithran Denizen said:

I'm not sure if you have special reasoning to want a Youtube video, but I'd think requesting a demo would be a better idea.

I might try to record one for you myself, if I get some time tonight. I'm certainly not going to record it as a video to put on Youtube or anything, though.

Thanks pal that would be good aswell, If you can do that i'd be very grateful,

I however do have other reasons for wanting a youtube video, but I would also like your demo.

I do random playthroughs of my choice but mainly using the BrutalDoom mod.

Here's a casual and clumsy run through the first map, followed by death midway in the second map:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6h9wa588izjeign

It was the first time I played either map, so there's a certain amount of wandering involved. In MAP02, I didn't want to attempt crossing what looked like a long slime trench with only a sliver of health left, so I spent several minutes wandering around to see if there was another way to go, or some extra health, but I came up empty.

Eventually, I decided to cross the slime anyway, and found out that it was only a puddle; in my haste to cross it though, I panicked a bit, and let a former human sergeant gun me down.

I agree that the texturing is kind of weird in places, and I didn't care for the tight hallways in MAP01, but overall, it seems like a decent set of maps. I can probably record the rest of them later, in case you still want more than Memfis' runs.

I've recorded some first play demos for the rest of the maps, and updated the file in the previous link, so all of them are in the zip there now.

Initially, I was going to record some more (there are two maps that I never completely finished), but to be honest, I got kind of bored of the amount of switch hunting in the levels.

I didn't really care for the Dehacked changes to the monsters either, but that might just be me. I just think that if you change the way the monsters behave, you should change their appearances too, to distinguish them from the originals. (What's the deal with the rocket launching lost soul replacement on MAP09? I didn't check closely, but it doesn't seem to be killable.)

Anyway, I've played worse, so I guess you did alright overall, even if the gameplay didn't really match my preferences. I probably have some more thoughts to share, but if I can make them coherent, I'll post them in the Spire Complex thread itself.