Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deathz0r

the rare time where i need help...

Can't help you with a decent free soundfont, however, I can clue you in on something. There's this free soundfont called Fluid. I have release 3. It's 144 megs. It's a complete piece of shit. It sounds fucking thin and empty and pale and generally sad right next to my default 8 meg soundfont.

My advice? Don't waste your fucking time with it.

the rare time where i need help...

Boy, aren't you the badass :)

On subject, I still need to try Silverspring on mine. Unfortunately I have to wait until I get a memory boost for that. I forgot what name of the site was, but it said it had loads of soundfonts. Whether they're free or not is beyond me.

BTW, why would one have to pay for decent sound font? That's like having to pay for a regular font! Uhhhhh...I know, they are pay fonts out there, but it's a retarded concept if you ask me. They're just as good as the free ones, so what's the point? If the guys need to make money, either make a real type of software or find some other line of work!

Silverspring is pretty good, except I can't convert the mid's to mp3 like I want and since they are converted to wav they are FUCKING HUGE.

What in the hell is a soundfont?

A set of WAV samples you can apply to MIDI files for WAV-quality music (not to say the WAVs in the soundfonts are always good, but it's usually better than MIDI).